Cuddle bone

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseydiann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia
I was told to give my Russians a cuddle bone to chew on as it helped with their beaks and also helped them with calcium, is this true? Because my female has really been chowing down on that new cuddle bone and I was wondering if too much would hurt them in any way?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Yep thats whats recommended :D Tallula does not chew on it too much, I have to put it in front of her when she's in a feisty mood, and she bites it HARD lol, but I don't think it would hurt them. When they bite off tiny pieces, it turns into like a dust, very fine.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
joseydiann, Yes the cuttle bone is placed inside the pen so that if a tort feels it needs more calcium it will eat it. I have seen torts totally consume one and no harm is done its their body telling them they need it.

joseydiann

5 Year Member
West Virginia
Thank you both, my female REALLY likes it. I'll be picking up another bone soon. I see her biting chunks out of it 5-6 times a day so I know she is eating more than that when I'm not looking hehe..

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i get mine at a flea market. there is a pet section and you can get them much cheaper then the pet stores.. sometimes pet stores will sell them out of a bulk box and they are cheaper then the packaged ones. just fyi. :)

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I get mine for the cheapest - on the beach :D Tallula has a huuuuge one - will take quite a while for her to get through it!

Status
Not open for further replies.