CTTC Chino Valley- *Special Guest Speaker* Friday Jan. 17th

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Hey everyone!

The California Turtle & Tortoise Club's Chino Valley Chapter meets every 3rd Friday of the month in Chino. Our first meeting of the new year will be held this Friday January 17th at 7:30 pm.

I'm pleased to announce that Tom (TFO's Tom) will be our guest speaker! He is presenting his information with us about how to prevent pyramiding in Sulcata and Leopard Tortoises.

Please come to the meeting and show him your support!!! Meet Tom in person and learn more details about how to implement the hot and humid method.

It will be a great time!

Here are some links for more information:

The CTTC Chino Valley Chapter website
http://www.tortoise.org/chino/index.html

The meeting announcement on CL
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pet/4233469789.html

Hope to meet you there :)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am so pleased to say; I will be there!!! Nothing would stop me!

Thanks Heather!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I think they're really lucky to have you!
You have the perfect personality for this!
😊😊😊😊😊😊

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: CTTC Chino Valley- *Special Guest Speaker* Friday Jan. 17th

Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Those CTTC people are Great you will enjoy them !!!

Have you been to the Chino Valley Chapter grandpa?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Today is the day!
Come on out to the CTTC Chino Valley turtle and tortoise meeting. It will be a fun night all about...you guessed it, turtles and tortoises!

Enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, enter a free raffle for a chance to win a variety of greens to feed your shelled buddies and check out our sales table for other turtle related goodies. All proceeds benefit the club's effort to help the animals we all love.

Hope you see you there!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Aww, wish I could go! This silly flu has me down for the count. Hope it goes GREAT!

(I really need to suck it up and join CTTC!! I seem to recall the IE chapter meeting less than 2 miles from where I work, so that's just a bad case of procrastination...)

DWB

5 Year Member
Tom's presentation was phenomenal! Those of you who are out of our are area should be jealous. Those of you in our area, and missed it, should be ashamed(kidding).

Really though, the audience was in rapt attention, Tom could have talked a couple more hours and I doubt anyone would have moved. Question and answer period after his talk could have gone on indefinitely.

We did not know who was going to be speaking at the meeting last night, and we almost blew it off, but we went and even took our 4 month old sully!

Tom is doing stuff that, along with others, will benefit tortoises for generations. We are very lucky he takes the time to share with us on this forum. My tort and I are extremely thankful that when I desperately needed advice and instruction(I knew nothing), Tom's care sheets walked us through the things needed to raise a healthy hatchling sulcata.

Tom, put me on the list for a signed copy of the book, as soon as it is written. It needs to be done. We really enjoyed the presentation, Thank You so very much, Dave & Wendy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh man, I am jealous. If I had know in enough time to have flown out there, I would have, I too really want the book to be written. I sure hope all the members that were there took it too heart what Tom said and if not already, will immediately change what it is they are doing wrong. Glad it went good, I knew it would. He is interesting to talk and listen too, even about things other then tortoises:D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
DWB thank you for sharing your feed back :)

My husband also commented on how the entire room was quiet and still the whole time!

Thanks for coming out and congrats on winning a raffle. I'll have official name tags for you guys next month, too ;)

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Thanks to this forum and a top secret informant😬, i knew Tom was speaking and really looked forward to it.
It was nothing short of a privilege to have the opportunity to meet Tom and hear what he had to say. I see Tom as a very dedicated, intelligent and humble man, who is dedicated to the cause of the tortoise. He is well traveled throughout the world and gathers important data from the natural environment of some of these tortoises.
Thank you, Tom for taking the time to come to Chino!
Thank you, Heather, for asking him.

DWB

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
DWB thank you for sharing your feed back :)

My husband also commented on how the entire room was quiet and still the whole time!

Thanks for coming out and congrats on winning a raffle. I'll have official name tags for you guys next month, too ;)

Thanks Heather, Wendy and I appreciate what help you have given us, and we recognize your contributions to our CTTC chapter are invaluable. Dave

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cowboy_Ken said:
Man I wish I could have been down there for that. I would've been the line heckler !!

HEY!!! I heckle back Mister Man!