Creatures of Habit.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
CT New Haven.
One thing that I was informed by a vet that is really true is that torts take a bit of time in changes. I have continued to better my caregiver skills continuously over the years. Of course I have bettered since age 15 with the same shelled buddy. I had a scary experience around 17 because Duckster RT ingested repti-bark. I saved my money brought him to a number of vets whom gave no more help than a common book could. Finally in an act of depredation I soaked him in deep water. The vigorous kicking to swim expelled the compacted bark. Ever since then he has been free range in spare rooms. With all amenities. That’s when I noticed that they had routine behavior and a great memory of their Favorate temp. Areas. Hides. Sunning spots. Ect. When he developed a sophisticated pallet and only wanted to eat treats it took me a long time to get him to eat healthy food. But it can be done. It took me a year to help his addiction to treats. I worked with him over a year but now he is really well balanced. Lately his soul purpose is to hunt for his girlfriend. I know he is hell bent to mate. But. Only occasionally I allow supervised visits. Keeping him active and alert for his age. I’m happy to share my love for torts. Not many people understand. They are smart fascinating pets that deserve happy productive lives.