CRAZY looking 3TBT!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
More than the turtles are worth? Well....that's all relative to the person buying, I suppose. :)

But yeah, I do cringe at the shipping costs -- especially when the shipping is more than the animal itself.

Completely agree, I would pay the shipping for 2 3 toes.

tmh

5 Year Member
turah, montana
Just soooo cool. I've always had easterns and did'nt realize how beautiful the 3 toes can be. Anyone have a 2013 baby?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I wish some of you were closer because I have three toed hatchlings coming out my ears (their fathers are the two clown faces) and no one around here seems to want them. :(
LOL, I wish you would ship! I need new blood and some of those GC babies you are always covered in! :) If I ever get close to So-Cal I am going to claim a whole mess of those babies.:rolleyes:;)

turtlelou

5 Year Member
LOL, I wish you would ship! I need new blood and some of those GC babies you are always covered in! :) If I ever get close to So-Cal I am going to claim a whole mess of those babies.:rolleyes:;)

I wish she would ship me a clown baby too :)! Maybe she will cave one day ;).

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Well, I got a maybe from her when it cools down. As one intellectual once said....."so your telling me there's a chance!!"....yeah! I'll take that 1 in a million maybe:) please, please, pwetty please:)

yuk.ming

Hong Kong
It's not albinisum or albino , it's a really high quality three toed box turtle

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
I wish some of you were closer because I have three toed hatchlings coming out my ears (their fathers are the two clown faces) and no one around here seems to want them. :(
Haha I would glaaaaadly take as many as you needed gone. But yeah, shipping costs to the other side of the States (where I am) is a B***H! <- I censored myself

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
I don't know if this is allowed or not but I have a group of 3 toes and if I ever get hatchlings, I plan to release them somewhere local. Hopefully help out a little bit with conservation efforts. Although, you would have to live somewhere indigenous to their range.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know if this is allowed or not but I have a group of 3 toes and if I ever get hatchlings, I plan to release them somewhere local. Hopefully help out a little bit with conservation efforts. Although, you would have to live somewhere indigenous to their range.

No - dont do it. Most states have regulations making it illegal to release turtles and tortoises into the wild. It usually carries a pretty hefty fine too. Reason being, you might inadvertantly release pathogens that infect the native population.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Noooooo nonononooo. Don't do this unless you are part of a Conservation group that is legally licensed and legally sanctioned to do what you are thinking. Just doing it on your own, while understandable and admirable for the reasons you wish to do so, is not safe for your turtles, and for the wild population around you. Even releasing just one clutch of hatchlings can greatly impact native species negatively.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Nothing like bringing threads from a deep coma back to life. This beauty of a 3 toed needed a revive;)

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So I was surfing the web, looking at box turtles (which I do a lot), and I found a CRAZY looking Three-Toed.

DSC_00091024x650_zps7217bfce.jpg

DSC_00201024x683_zps557b320a.jpg

DSC_00181024x692_zps69c0cd01.jpg

The site it's on called it an "extreme red". It looks like some sort of albinism maybe? Like how a caramel albino ball python is it's own base mutation and is darker and different from a normal albino? Has anyone ever seen something like this? Either way, I thought it was super cool, and so I thought I'd share.
Produce that turtle for inspection. It is obviously a painting or a model.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Move to New Caney Texas and you will find them crossing the street or hanging out in your yard . They are common around here.

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nice artwork.
Skillfully rendered and executed
but embellished and fake nonetheless.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Move to New Caney Texas and you will find them crossing the street or hanging out in your yard . They are common around here.
I live in PA where the eastern box turtle is native. Lived here all my life (different spots of PA, but never lived outside it). First time I ever saw a wild eastern box was a month or two ago run over in the middle of the road with the shell completely crushed/demolished. Sad thing is it looked semi-fresh (like an hour or less old) and I may have been able to save her if only I had left on time. As it is all I could do was scoop her up and move her into the woods right next to the road so that if something came to eat her they wouldn't get run over as well.

Still tears me up inside a bit.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
No - dont do it. Most states have regulations making it illegal to release turtles and tortoises into the wild. It usually carries a pretty hefty fine too. Reason being, you might inadvertantly release pathogens that infect the native population.
Both of these responses are disappointing. So I can't do anything to help wild populations with young that I may get?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, look at it this way - If it's legal to adopt them out, then the more you can provide to the private sector, the fewer will be scavenged from the wild for the pet trade.

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm not that cryptic.
I have seen real three-toeds with similar face paint.
But those pictures are not photographs.
Not suggesting it was done to deceive.
But still surprised it was accepted so readily.