Crash, slam, bully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I was sitting at my desk working this morning, and I heard all of this noise coming from my russian enclosure. When I looked in my male Tank was sitting by my small female kiska. So I filled up there water to get ready to leave and she was bobbing her head and legs up and down, she went to go into the water and all of a sudden tank cut in front of her and went in the water.

Any suggestions??

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Now, I have taken him out and he is hangin w/ me, but I caught him biting at the back of her shell as she was trying to bury under.

Is he trying to mate? just being mean? Kiska is 4.25" SCL maybe a little bigger, but definatly looks female.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sounds like my Mithril. She loves nothing more than to cut in front of every tortoise, just because she can!

But it does sound like he could be mating, and if he is, he won't care if she's big, little, male, female. It's all fair game. If he IS I'd keep them seperated because a "horny" male can due a lot of damage to a full grown tort, so image what he could do to little Kiska!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I just don't get why he is only doing it to Kiska and not Sveta? Last year he mate with Sveta and left Kiska alone. Tank is almost 5" SCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.