Crash Course NEEDED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I wish I could help you, I have no idea what you have there, but sure is cute!!

newbie007

Yea she is very nunu, my family named her Pebbles. Thank you for the compliment stojanovski92113

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! Do you live in an area where tortoises are found naturally? It may be against the law to pick it up. If not, then maybe it is someone's lost pet.

I'm not real familiar with all types of tortoise, but that one looks very similar to the angulated tortoise from South Africa. Let's give a shout out to @Will and @tortadise both of those members should be able to identify the baby for us.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome to the Forum. I bet there are members here that will have a lot of questions for you as well. Great to have you here.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I would try some free advice from the TFO before I spend money on a 5 or more year out dated book . But have a great tort day !

newbie007

Yvonne G ,No I don't live in an area where they are naturally found plus my mom's school is situated in an urban area and I did walk around my mom's schools neighbourhood ringing door bells and no one seemed to have lost a tortoise, basically Pebbles was a little miracle on a drive way. Thank you for sending a shout out

newbie007

Grandpa Turtle 144 I am very grateful for all the advice and resources people have sent me...I do trust that the user's on this forum know what they are talking about, but I see where you coming from. Have a great day too!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. It's not a chersina (angulated) hard to tell on my phone. Looks like a kinixys lobatsiana. Where do you live in South Africa? Johannesburg?

newbie007

Your well within Lobatsiana range in Pretoria.
Yes I definitely see identicality. Thank you Will and tortadise, now just to see if all that I'm going is appropriate for her.

1422392367846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yes I definitely see identicality. Thank you Will and tortadise, now just to see if all that I'm going is appropriate for her.
That's a homopus species on the left. Could you provide a photo of the plastron(underside) of your tortoise?

newbie007

I have also tried to get into that Cape Tortoise Group but they keep rejecting my request...so I'm not even going to bother with cliquey groups...

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
So, I will be the first to say it: you should turn the tortoise over to you local wildlife authorities. Laws are In place to protect native species from being removed from the wild populations, and I think you should respect those laws. It will be a good experience to do the right thing. Get this animal back to the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.