Not open for further replies.

scomafamily

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
gonzales, tx
Desi1031 said:
I came across this today.

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/3629059973.html

Broke my heart.. Would it be wrong if i contacted seller and asked for tortoise for free? I have two already and not alot of money but I feel I should do something since he/she is in such bad shape:(

that is horrible, but if they are asking a 100 i highly doubt they will give it away, some people are strictly for money and its sad!

Desi1031

5 Year Member
TY! If I can get help a friend said I can keep it there until I find it a new home. Mine are babies and I'm hesitant to bring a stranger around them until i know for sure its as healthy as it can be.:) I think ill contact seller see if she is willing to go lower in price if I explain it will prob need some medical attention.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
This is definitely one for TRN. poor guy. I can never understand how people who do this to tortoises want someone who knows how to care for their "turtle!" It's degusting!!!

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
what if you ask for just the tortoise and none of the equipment she could still sell the equipment and make money

Desi1031

5 Year Member
Only prob with that is i would need the equipment the ones i have are on my babies ATM. Ill see if i can find some cheaper on craigslist from someone else perhaps. I would not want to keep them all in the same pen, at least not right away. Other than that it would have been a great idea :) My daughter saw it and asked if she could bring it home to be a daddy Sulcata for her babies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well after reading all the posts, I cant make myself go and look at the webpage. It will just p*ss me off and hurt my heart... But can someone tell me where it is located please?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
cemmons12 said:
Well after reading all the posts, I cant make myself go and look at the webpage. It will just p*ss me off and hurt my heart... But can someone tell me where it is located please?

Denver, CO was that what you were asking?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
cemmons12 said:

The original link says Denver

Desi1031

5 Year Member
He is located in Elizabeth Colorado its about 35-40 miles south of Denver. Im still trying to get ahold of the seller. Ill keep you updated on what i find out.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
wow, sad.. I would assume that they think that have been caring for it properly all these years and have NO clue how bad a shape that animal is really in... tread lightly.. but they need to be educated.. that poor thing appears to have severe MBD... dehydrated...and small and... and.....

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Oh, boy...definitely TRN...has anyone contacted Erica yet? Do we have anyone out that way? Has this been posted on TRN ?
Sorry...im a little slow today...:(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mainey34 said:
Oh, boy...definitely TRN...has anyone contacted Erica yet? Do we have anyone out that way? Has this been posted on TRN ?

Desi is checking into it. Posted on TRN yes. I don't think anybody has talked to Erica.

greyshirt

5 Year Member
Floresville, Texas
I PM'd Erica a little earlier. She hasn't been online for several days, so I don't know when she will get it. Is there somebody else that oversees things if she is not available?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
she says the money is for the supplies, and will not ask for money for him, if he goes to a good home... Has seen a vet...
anyone nearby?
She seems aware that he needs much better.....

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Laura said:
she says the money is for the supplies, and will not ask for money for him, if he goes to a good home... Has seen a vet...
anyone nearby?
She seems aware that he needs much better.....

Desi is

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Jacqui said:
mainey34 said:

Desi is checking into it. Posted on TRN yes. I don't think anybody has talked to Erica.
I read it on TRN. I also sent a PM to Erica. But looks like things may get resolved here. May not need TRN after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.