Countdown has begun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
My very first tort, an Eastern Hermann's, will be arriving in 6 days! The enclosure is progressing nicely- am very excited!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. I know you have been doing lots of research and preparing. Be sure to check all your lights and heat out before s/he arrives, so you know they all heat to what you want. Also, be sure to give a nice warm soak as soon as s/he arrives. Then place in enclosure with some food and let be for a while. Also, don't forget they do need an adjustment period. I do believe in handling them every day though, just to even give a once over. Mine adjusted pretty quickly and I handled every day and still do. Don't forget to share pics. Also, if you haven't yet, post a pic of enclosure and we can help you tweak it if needed.

stasisdc5

5 Year Member
SoCal
nice. i dont think i know of any other member who has prepared as much as you have. enjoy!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
How exciting!
I just love my Hermanns. She is a character and a ball of health.
Looking forward to your babies arrival.
Congrats in advance!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
wellington said:
Congrats. I know you have been doing lots of research and preparing. Be sure to check all your lights and heat out before s/he arrives, so you know they all heat to what you want. Also, be sure to give a nice warm soak as soon as s/he arrives. Then place in enclosure with some food and let be for a while. Also, don't forget they do need an adjustment period. I do believe in handling them every day though, just to even give a once over. Mine adjusted pretty quickly and I handled every day and still do. Don't forget to share pics. Also, if you haven't yet, post a pic of enclosure and we can help you tweak it if needed.

Will do! Hope to have all the lights wired and running by this weekend...:)

stasisdc5 said:
nice. i dont think i know of any other member who has prepared as much as you have. enjoy!

Thank you- I try! :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Welcome to the wonderful world of sharing your life w/ The Gods' most exalted creature (we human beans run a distant 2nd, to tell the truth! :p)

Have you gotten a Baby's First Year book, yet? Some folks think that's going a bit over-board, but we who share our lives w/ The Gods' most exalted creature know better! :cool:

4 days to go! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.