Baby Daisy

Doreen S.

Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island New York
Hi everyone I finally received my baby 2 days ago I'm in love already just wanted people to see a pic of my new baby and I do have a question is it good to put spagnum moss in enclosure she is an Eastern hermann's 6 weeks old oh and any advice on a new baby it's a little nerve-wracking because she is so tiny I fed her for the first time today it look like she ate a little bit but a very little bit but I guess she is Tiny so that must be good for her I think LOL

Attachments

• 20160825_140754-1.jpg
    20160825_140754-1.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 45

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi everyone I finally received my baby 2 days ago I'm in love already just wanted people to see a pic of my new baby and I do have a question is it good to put spagnum moss in enclosure she is an Eastern hermann's 6 weeks old oh and any advice on a new baby it's a little nerve-wracking because she is so tiny I fed her for the first time today it look like she ate a little bit but a very little bit but I guess she is Tiny so that must be good for her I think LOL
Oh, what a gorgeous little tort! :<3:

Please check the "Enclosures" Section. Sorry, cannot help you; am not a tort expert. Let's hope an experienced member will answer your question.:)

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Soo cute! Congratulations! I can't answer your question either, sorry, but what a cutie-patootie!

Ari

Hi and welcome! Daisy is so cute! Congrats on your baby tort!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Congrats on the new baby!

Every time I have tried to use moss with any species, they try to eat it and I end up removing it. I've tried it many times, and I could never make it work. Other people use it and report no issues.

Personally, I would skip it. Why take the risk?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
A really beautiful tortoise.
Stunning.
You must be thrilled if a tad nervous.
Eating a little bit is excellent, some won't eat for days.
I can't get sphagnum moss here, but I'd give it a try if i could.
I've heard good things about it helping with humidity, though also that some tortoises will eat it.
However, http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/search_7.asp?issearch=true
which is a good basic guide for what plants your tortoise can safely eat, reports no hazards if the tortoise does eat some..

MParsons327

Welcome! My hatchling sulcata won't touch sphagnum. He does burrow right into it inside his hide though!

Doreen S.

Staten Island New York
Stunning.
I've heard good things about it helping with humidity, though also that some tortoises will eat it.
which is a good basic guide for what plants your tortoise can safely eat, reports no hazards if the tortoise does eat some..
Thanks!!!! I am so thrilled but yes nervous thank you for the info you're the best

Doreen S.

Staten Island New York
Stunning.

Pepperdog

California
What a cute baby tortoise! I am getting my own baby hermann tortoise next friday! i wish you good luck, but sorry, I can not anser your question.

Doreen S.

Staten Island New York
That's so cool just got mine recently my mind is a lot of borrowing FYI my baby daisy burrows in her substrate all the time I have to go searching for her to feed her and soak her looking forward to see what happens with your baby bye for now