Could this be fungus?

ssrttwt

10 Year Member!
Tortoise fungus seems to be a lot rarer than turtle fungus, but I am really not sure if this is indeed fungus. If so I would worry about the spread to other ones. Please give me advice. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 8.49.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at 8.49.28 PM.png
    737.3 KB · Views: 5

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
BTW this is a greek tortoise I raised from a hatchling.
It could be. (I don't think it is)
Buy some inexpensive ATHLETES FOOT CREAM and apply it to those areas once a day for 5 days.
If it's fungal. That'll kill it. If it's not fungal, there will be no harm done.
Is your substrate very wet? Or urine soaked?

ssrttwt

10 Year Member!
It could be. (I don't think it is)
Buy some inexpensive ATHLETES FOOT CREAM and apply it to those areas once a day for 5 days.
If it's fungal. That'll kill it. If it's not fungal, there will be no harm done.
Is your substrate very wet? Or urine soaked?
Thank you. The substrate used to be wet to increase humidity when he was young. How he is outside and the substrate is almost completely dry.

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, Ohio
Tortoise fungus seems to be a lot rarer than turtle fungus, but I am really not sure if this is indeed fungus. If so I would worry about the spread to other ones. Please give me advice. Thanks in advance!
I don't see any fungus, but the picture isn't tack sharp. Could you try to post a sharper image? I'm just seeing a normal plastron. Thanks!

ssrttwt

10 Year Member!
I don't see any fungus, but the picture isn't tack sharp. Could you try to post a sharper image? I'm just seeing a normal plastron. Thanks!
Thank you. Hope this looks better

Attachments

• IMG_0758.png
    IMG_0758.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1