White Spots on my Turtle !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piku2008

5 Year Member
Please find the attached photo .....

I found 2 white spots on one of my turtle ...... so I took the photo to let others look that is it a fungus or a disease or something else ......

So please let me know how to treat it !!! as its not looking gud .... but turtle seems to be happy still that white spot is freaking me out !!!

So help me out guys !!!!

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0768.JPG
    DSC_0768.JPG
    675.2 KB · Views: 120

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Maybe your turtle has scraped against something in his tank...? Have you changed anything that may be affecting the water condition?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Piku, I am trying to get the photos I took of my tank. I have a semi- aquatic turtle that's 24 years old now. She also had a fungus on one of her scutes that look very much like the one on your turtle. I would take it to the vet to confirm it. Also, it would be a good idea to have these babies checked out for worms. If I can't get the pictures downloaded today, I'll get my husband to help me do it tomorrow. Don't worry too much for now. All this can be fixed. Sibi

piku2008 said:

I found 2 white spots on one of my turtle ...... so I took the photo to let others look that is it a fungus or a disease or something else ......

So please let me know how to treat it !!! as its not looking gud .... but turtle seems to be happy still that white spot is freaking me out !!!

So help me out guys !!!!

Thanks

This photo isn't the best one. I'll have to email you the others.

piku2008

5 Year Member
@ sibi just let me know if you got any solution for this ............

As i think i searched the internet & found that if we give turtle a salt bath then it will solve it & let the turtle dry to get the white thing offf........

Let me know if this is correct !!!

ascott said:
Maybe your turtle has scraped against something in his tank...? Have you changed anything that may be affecting the water condition?

Not really just changed the water in the tank with fresh one that's all .... but i think a fresh water won't effect it much !!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Here are some more pics. I don't have her heat lamp shown, but it would be placed on top of the tank on the platform side. Please let me know if this helps a bit.

sibi said:
Piku, I am trying to get the photos I took of my tank. I have a semi- aquatic turtle that's 24 years old now. She also had a fungus on one of her scutes that look very much like the one on your turtle. I would take it to the vet to confirm it. Also, it would be a good idea to have these babies checked out for worms. If I can't get the pictures downloaded today, I'll get my husband to help me do it tomorrow. Don't worry too much for now. All this can be fixed. Sibi

piku2008 said:

So help me out guys !!!!

Thanks

This photo isn't the best one. I'll have to email you the others.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I've heard that you can use sea salt in her water, but you have to be careful about how much to use. I used one teaspoon for a 20 gallon tank. I'm not sure that really works, though. It can't hurt, but having her dry off completely is key. I actually used a cotton ball dabbed with Povidone-Iodine Solution and applied it on the spot daily. It took several weeks, but it did the job. If she has a fungus, that's how I would treat it. My turtle is 24 years old now, and she was 16 years old when she got it.

piku2008 said:
@ sibi just let me know if you got any solution for this ............

As i think i searched the internet & found that if we give turtle a salt bath then it will solve it & let the turtle dry to get the white thing offf........

Let me know if this is correct !!!

ascott said:

Not really just changed the water in the tank with fresh one that's all .... but i think a fresh water won't effect it much !!!!

piku2008

5 Year Member
thank's for the help & also for the pics ........

So i have to go & buy Iodine Solution for him !!!!

Lets see how it works ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.