Cotton Burr Compost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Has anybody here ever tried compost made from cotton burr? Cotton burr is the waste product after they harvest the cotton plant and remove the cotton and the seeds.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Honestly I had never heard of it, I did a search using bing and every site says it is the best there is for composting, and even sold buy the bag. Len

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I had never heard of it until today either. I was also told it is the best compost out there. So we are both being told the same thing. wonder how true that is.

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
Bought a 50 lb bag about 3 yrs ago .
Tilled it in my 8x16 garden .
Stuff works great .
Had so many tomatoes & cucumbers i was bringing it to work
to give to my co-workers .
bought it at a local feed store .
My neighbor who has 20 acres & farms 10 acres of it for re-sale told me about this stuff.
Try it
i really does work
Mike D.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am thinking about trying some, just have no idea where. :D My garden has had so much natural things added to it for years, it's now very mellow. The area I am working for sulcata enclosures has such soft dirt you literally sink in with each footstep. :(

iluvtorts

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Has anybody here ever tried compost made from cotton burr? Cotton burr is the waste product after they harvest the cotton plant and remove the cotton and the seeds.

I used to work in a nursery for many years. We sold it in large bags. It is really nice compost and works in yards and gardens. The brand we sold was all organic and is safe around animals. I would recomend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.