Control cage from remote

tarta4ever

10 Year Member!
Hi guys this year I'll go to college,so my mother should take care of my red foot, I ve already teach my mother to everything but I would control the parameters from remote.
Can you help me? Thanks

jeasy88

Location (City and/or State)
Dade City, Florida
Your best bet is to learn about arduino micro controllers. They would allow you to use thermometers to monitor the temps and relays to control heating devices. The micro controller has a chip that you can add internet access to control it all remotely. There are people that do this to monitor home brew beer. Google home brew arduino temperature monitor

jeasy88

Dade City, Florida
Probably $100 worth of parts. But you will need to learn how to make it and for program it. Some people have similar projects and allow u to copy their code and give instructions.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
This might be of interest to you:
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/habitat/1010937-arduino-automated-habitat-control.html
I believe Kelly Hull, @tortadise , had his brother?? or another family member make a really cool set up where all his humidifiers and temperature control things are linked to live data from a weather station in Ghana.
If you want a more simple version, try the Microclimate Prime 2. I've just got one, and am having fun setting it up. It allows you to set the temperature at a certain place in the enclosure at a number of times of day to put it simply. Basically a high-tech thermostat but you can have the data on your computer. Have a look for it.
I believe in the US there is also a $300-400 system which can control humidity as well, can't remember what it's called though.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Remotely is kinda tough. I haven't succeeded yet. But you can install something like this, and program it for stabilized temps desired. I'm trying to find something similar like this to link to a computer that controls the environment like what flintus said. My problem is it's not a small enclosures it's an entire building. But this would really help. They also have cheaper models that should obtain the same result.

http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php?cPath=1238&products_id=6056

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Remotely is kinda tough. I haven't succeeded yet. But you can install something like this, and program it for stabilized temps desired. I'm trying to find something similar like this to link to a computer that controls the environment like what flintus said. My problem is it's not a small enclosures it's an entire building. But this would really help. They also have cheaper models that should obtain the same result.

http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php?cPath=1238&products_id=6056

Have you looked at greenhouse controllers?