Complete opposite tortoise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexx

5 Year Member
I wrote on here last week about my hermann he was pacing his enclosure 24/7 and wasn't eating now I've changed his substrate hes stopped pacing but all he's done for the past week is sleep he's hardly eaten anything he doesn't even come out of his house I'm rele worried about him :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Firstly check the temperatures. You need to record accurately the temp
1. Under the basking lamp
2. At the cool end by day
3. Generally at night

A digital min/ max thermometer is inexpensive from Amazon or eBay.

Inactivity could be a symptom of temperatures needing change... or it could simply be your tort reacting to new surroundings... They do hate change

Alexx

5 Year Member
The temperature under his light is 80f.
The cool end is 70f
And at night it goes to about 70f
He was in a viv before his table so obviously the temperature change from being in a stuffy viv to being out in the open is a big one but I've read that the temps should be the same as they are in a viv?
He seems ok in his self when I get him out but the not eating is worrying me. I'm gona take him to the vets to get him checked out just to be on the safe side x

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It's not warm enough. You need 100-105 under the basking lamp and cool end day temp of 80-85.

Sort that out and he should be fine :)

Alexx

5 Year Member
Thanku for your advice :) Archie is now out of his bedroom and sunbathing under his light :) his still not eating much but it's picking up so I've got one happy tortoise :) thanku :)

Status
Not open for further replies.