Compact coil bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiescorer

5 Year Member
I bought this before I joined this forum, my tortoise has been fine, my concern is does this give off enough UVB for my young marginated tortoise?
I live in the north east of England o going outside is not an option at this time of year
Copy of info of bulb as follows

Compact UVA/UVB bulb

Full spectrum UVB bulb produced for reptile use classified according to percentage UVB output. For a 3-5% bulb, 10-12 hours daily has proved a satisfactory level of exposure for most species. Concerns have been expressed about the safety of bulbs with outputs greater than 5% - in particular, there may be a possibility of eye damage occurring with some bulbs in some situations. There has been much recent reasearch into the damage caused by these high output bulb's (please google and read photo-kerato-conjunctivitis http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor-info.htm) and as breeders and keepers of reptiles for over 20 years we have ceased using, selling and recommending the use of such bulbs. We have replaced and recommend THIS bulb as being highly suitable for all breeds of Tortoise and Bearded dragon without the risk of eye damage. Please see our feedback- we have an established customer base and offer an aftercare service second to none, please feel free to mail regards the start up, keeping, maintainence and care of your reptile, the net can be a confusing place.

Status
Not open for further replies.