Common Snapper roadside rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
This is a juvenile common snapper I rescued off the road on the way to work the other day. This is the 5th turtle roadside rescue this year.

He was headed for the interstate and no suitable habitat was in sight, so I drove him a short ways to a creek I knew of where hopefully, he'll stay away from the road.

He wasn't happy.

Snapper1.jpg

Snapper.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Good job. He maybe mad on his face, but I am sure his heart is saying thankyou:D
There are a lot this time of year crossing the roads up in Michigan where my parents live. Not sure why. It usually calms down a lot by July. Maybe it's the males on prowl for that summer romance:).

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
i saved a huge one once that couldn't climb the curb. it was the scariest thing ever, it probably weighed 30lbs and was quick on its toes! i threw a blanket over it and grabbed it under its belly on both sides and carried him at arm length all the way to the water

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmarcus said:
Live Action, lol... Good save..

LOL!!! I hate that guy, but I can't help but leave the channel on when I'm tripping through and I see that he's on.

I LOVE snapping turtles.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Turtleman hahah. :D

I helped a juvi Snapper around that size get unstuck from some rocks on a beach two days back. Poor guy seemed to have gotten wedged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.