Commercial diets for lizards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I kept iguanas years ago and back then it seemed like the commercial diets were generally frowned upon. I was wondering whether attitudes have shifted in their favor like it has with mazuri for tortoises.

xcourtney3

5 Year Member
My bearded dragon loves Rep-Cal adult bearded dragon food. Of course it isn't the main diet. I use it to supplement fresh greens and crickets.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I never knew about them, I always fed my Bearded dragon crickets, meal worms and green, he died 3 years ago at the age of 11. He was awesome and really outgoing!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
The only commercial lizard diet that's worth the trouble right now is Gecko MRP, for Cresteds and other frugivorous geckos. When it comes to beardies, iguanas, the insectivores, etc, there's still not anything that's at all good. I suppose you could use ZooMed Grassland and Mazuri as a supplement for an Iguana or other herbivore/omnivore, but that's about the extent of it.

I have heard the Rep-Cal bearded dragon diet is an OK supplemental, like many peoples' opinion of Mazuri, but it's not a good enough quality to be a complete diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.