cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAPappas

5 Year Member
Hello, my tortoise is about 2 years old. We just switched her bark in the turtle table from bark to cedar. Since then I'll hear her sneeze usually like 2-3 times a day her heat is fine she eats and everything. Right now she has sneezed like 4 times in the last hour i feel bad. Does she need to go to the doctor for a cold? The only other thing i notice different are her eyes are shinny and look like she is crying a tiny bit. If this is common i just want to know, i feel guilty hearing her snooze =( thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi AAPappas, and welcome to the Forum!

I don't think cedar was a good choice. You really shouldn't use any of the aromatic oils wood, like cedar, pine, etc. Once you switch back to cypress mulch, coconut coir or orchid bark I think you'll see a bit of an improvement in your tortoise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi AAPappas:

At the beginning of the Forum sections there's a thread called "new members read this before making your first post." In that thread it tells you that new members' posts have to be moderated before they show up on the forum. So, all of your posts have been ok, its just that there wasn't a moderator online to approve them for you. After you've made 5 posts (not counting the duplicates I've deleted) your posts will show up right away.

Yes, after you get rid of the cedar you should see an improvement in your tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.