COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Ray, you need help....LOL

I'm beat up today...FUBAR is what the mirror tells me. Yesterday was moving day...big truck, lots of help too. All the youngest and strongest of our kids with their respective boyfriend/girlfriends showed to help Kerry and I. Thank God for them....I would still be loading while clutching my chest hollering about seeing Louise! Only old folks here will "get that" reference...from an American TV show(my UK friend get passes)

View attachment 370683View attachment 370684

It's all done except the bikes and my little car. 99% of everything else that's coming over here, is here!

The observant person will notice something throughout this move.....
no furniture!
All my rooms including bedroom's are fully furnished of course, we just don't need the furniture here. Other than the 3 pieces of my refinished brown bedroom, EVERYTHING can convey, including the cool remote control blinds!
The only piece of furniture we have brought over is the bookcase in these pics.

At least that was the plan before Kerry refinished the dining room set and saw the quality of the pieces, now she's thinking....hmmmm. She has a nice set- "country" which isn't my fav but I'm good with either set. I got a note this morning from Wonder woman....the rest is easy!

Speaking of...
Wonder woman had to go to work today, I don't know how she did it. I'm sewing the holes in my cape today....

Enjoy the day guys!
You've reached the light at the end of the tunnel Jeff. Almost time to put your feet up and look back at what you've achieved. Poor Kelly having to go to work. In the UK teachers can take a days paid leave for moving. Although maybe she was glad to be out of the way!;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon/evening all (that should cover all time zones).
It's been cloudy but mostly dry here the last couple of days.

My area got off lightly when we had the thunderstorms a few days ago. with just a short burst of rain. My sister lives less than ten miles away further east from me and she sent me some pictures of what the heavens threw at them - hail stones the size of marbles and the rain turned the roads to rivers and even tore up the tarmac in some places. I'll have to try to post the pics here. What a difference though.

My neighbours reached an all time low again.
A few weeks ago I bought an ultrasonic motion activated animal deterrent to try to stop the cats from using my garden as a litter tray. I haven't used it much because I didn't want to scare the hedgehog and it hasn't really worked on the cats - I wondered if it was working properly , because apart from a flashing light all I can hear is a faint buzz and I have pretty sharp hearing.
Anyway today I had a letter from the Environmental Health dept at the council saying that they had complained about a noise nuisance from my property because of using the device! I was gobsmacked! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ After some Googling it seems that some people can hear ultrasonic sounds but rather than tell me that they could, they went straight to the authorities. More intimidation tactics I think. I emailed the officer who sent the letter immediately and thanked him for drawing this to my attention and then explained that I think this is just retaliation (for my asking her to use her drains) and mentioned other environmental problems they cause so it's all on record.
What bathplugs they are!!! I should have put in a counter complaint about the noise of constant fluttering and whirring of their foil ribbons and windmills on their fence.
Anyone know a cheap hitman! ;)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

My area got off lightly when we had the thunderstorms a few days ago. with just a short burst of rain. My sister lives less than ten miles away further east from me and she sent me some pictures of what the heavens threw at them - hail stones the size of marbles and the rain turned the roads to rivers and even tore up the tarmac in some places. I'll have to try to post the pics here. What a difference though.

A few weeks ago I bought an ultrasonic motion activated animal deterrent to try to stop the cats from using my garden as a litter tray. I haven't used it much because I didn't want to scare the hedgehog and it hasn't really worked on the cats - I wondered if it was working properly , because apart from a flashing light all I can hear is a faint buzz and I have pretty sharp hearing.
Anyway today I had a letter from the Environmental Health dept at the council saying that they had complained about a noise nuisance from my property because of using the device! I was gobsmacked! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ After some Googling it seems that some people can hear ultrasonic sounds but rather than tell me that they could, they went straight to the authorities. More intimidation tactics I think. I emailed the officer who sent the letter immediately and thanked him for drawing this to my attention and then explained that I think this is just retaliation (for my asking her to use her drains) and mentioned other environmental problems they cause so it's all on record.
What bathplugs they are!!! I should have put in a counter complaint about the noise of constant fluttering and whirring of their foil ribbons and windmills on their fence.
We have to figure something out to make their lives miserable.
We finally got some heavy rain today. Maybe a little more tonight. Not sure it will green things up much. But at least Opo stayed out in the rain.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
He's beautiful Cathie and I bet there's never a dull moment for you now!๐Ÿ˜
No there isn't! But he's such a good puppy and using the puppy pads most of the time. He'll be 4 months tomorrow so that not bad. But he does have his own personality and catches on when I try to trick him into good behavior. He gets even.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜œ

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I've been trying to get a picture of Mr FreBee proving I picked a good nickname. Well I got one. It's Al short for alligator mouth.๐Ÿ˜‰View attachment 370704
Oh Mr. FreBee is a dog. For some reason I thought he was a long haired rabbit. So my previous response to Jeff about using Mr Fre for a swifter mop was wrong. ๐Ÿคช

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We have to figure something out to make their lives miserable.
We finally got some heavy rain today. Maybe a little more tonight. Not sure it will green things up much. But at least Opo stayed out in the rain.
That's nice. Sometimes Sapphire does the same thing. Other times not. It's still not warm enough everyday here for him to get out. Our 17 years anniversary is coming up on the 18th. It was snowing that day and really cold. But he is getting out now and then more and more.๐Ÿค—

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh Mr. FreBee is a dog. For some reason I thought he was a long haired rabbit. So my previous response to Jeff about using Mr Fre for a swifter mop was wrong. ๐Ÿคช
No it wasn't he looks like a dust mop ๐Ÿ˜œ with alligator teeth half the time ๐Ÿ˜ท

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I used top work with the "UK Contingent".....they would teach me a new "English" word daily..............
LOL

Real estate agent coming in a half hour. The funny thing is that for 5 months we have been moving my stuff over and readying this home for sale....and its coming at the worst possible time to sell in over 20 years! LOL
For instance, the interest rate for buyers increased each and every week for the past 5....

Ah well it could be worse....we could be in a position where we HAD to sell. Thankfully we aren't....but not really sure what we will do as I don't really want to rent it out.

At least the sun finally came out.....nothing like rain-testing a new sunroom carpet for 3 straight days!
View attachment 370590
Nice sun room, really like the carpet.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ray, you need help....LOL

I'm beat up today...FUBAR is what the mirror tells me. Yesterday was moving day...big truck, lots of help too. All the youngest and strongest of our kids with their respective boyfriend/girlfriends showed to help Kerry and I. Thank God for them....I would still be loading while clutching my chest hollering about seeing Louise! Only old folks here will "get that" reference...from an American TV show(my UK friend get passes)

View attachment 370683View attachment 370684

It's all done except the bikes and my little car. 99% of everything else that's coming over here, is here!

The observant person will notice something throughout this move.....
no furniture!
All my rooms including bedroom's are fully furnished of course, we just don't need the furniture here. Other than the 3 pieces of my refinished brown bedroom, EVERYTHING can convey, including the cool remote control blinds!
The only piece of furniture we have brought over is the bookcase in these pics.

At least that was the plan before Kerry refinished the dining room set and saw the quality of the pieces, now she's thinking....hmmmm. She has a nice set- "country" which isn't my fav but I'm good with either set. I got a note this morning from Wonder woman....the rest is easy!

Speaking of...
Wonder woman had to go to work today, I don't know how she did it. I'm sewing the holes in my cape today....

Enjoy the day guys!

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”โ€ฆ. I thought he was clenching his chest screaming for โ€œElizabeth!โ€
Either way, it was funny. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
And yes,โ€ฆ.
I AM one of those โ€œold folkโ€ you speak of.
๐Ÿคช
Sanford and Son was the best.
They still play repeats here on the weekends!!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Sooooo happy for you that youโ€™re all moved and DONE!
Nowโ€ฆ.๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿบ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅ‚

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

From now on I am calling ALL people that
P*ss me off BATHPLUGS!!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Oohhhh Lyn,โ€ฆ..
While I am terribly sorry for what you are going through I am greatful for the 11pm laugh (OUT LOUD! ) ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
I have NEVER heard or even thought of calling someone a โ€œbathplugโ€! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚
Boy have I got some new neighbor stories to tell you!!!! After hearing my dilemmas youโ€™d be HUGGING your โ€œbathplugsโ€!!!
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿ˜‚

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”โ€ฆ. I thought he was clenching his chest screaming for โ€œElizabeth!โ€
And yes,โ€ฆ.
๐Ÿคช

You're right of course, "Louise" was his antagonist in the show....the tall woman he traded barb with.

Thanks all, there is light at the end! The sunroom "carpet" was 136 bucks..... $.63SF @ Lowes....cheap and lightweight too but it covers well and will look good, for now anyway.

Kerry prob won't be going back to work after the summer vacation, even if we have to eat cat food...unless she wants to.

The house is confusing us....the market is horrible.....30% uptick in listings in our area.....& folks cutting prices. The five homes for sale 2 blocks from me...1 sold over last weekend, the other 4 were joined by a NEW listing within the same block on Tuesday!

BUT...their $$ are still too low for me to sell. I need them to raise the market here 40K for me! LOL Or we just wait it out and see what happens in the Fall.

I might rent it, to OLD PEOPLE! LMAO...I have a lot more faith in them to take care of things....and I might even be able to beat them up if they don't pay.....I might have the cape but superman is going to have his hands full with anyone under 50! LOL

So LYN....what are we going to do to your neighbors for you? Ray is probably a lot better at retaliation than most of us even want to know.

All Lyn needs to remember is that there's talent everywhere....and you Lyn need a specific brand! Ray might be your guy! LOL

Hmmmm, what is the UK equivalent to the police SWAT teams? Here, it's quite common for an address to be called in over suspected bomb making activities all the way to the manufacture of illicit drugs!
All we need is the address.................I've got friends over there to make the calls for me...no connection to you, well only if they never look at your Socials...LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You're right of course, "Louise" was his antagonist in the show....the tall woman he traded barb with.

Thanks all, there is light at the end! The sunroom "carpet" was 136 bucks..... $.63SF @ Lowes....cheap and lightweight too but it covers well and will look good, for now anyway.

Kerry prob won't be going back to work after the summer vacation, even if we have to eat cat food...unless she wants to.

The house is confusing us....the market is horrible.....30% uptick in listings in our area.....& folks cutting prices. The five homes for sale 2 blocks from me...1 sold over last weekend, the other 4 were joined by a NEW listing within the same block on Tuesday!

BUT...their $$ are still too low for me to sell. I need them to raise the market here 40K for me! LOL Or we just wait it out and see what happens in the Fall.

I might rent it, to OLD PEOPLE! LMAO...I have a lot more faith in them to take care of things....and I might even be able to beat them up if they don't pay.....I might have the cape but superman is going to have his hands full with anyone under 50! LOL

So LYN....what are we going to do to your neighbors for you? Ray is probably a lot better at retaliation than most of us even want to know.

All Lyn needs to remember is that there's talent everywhere....and you Lyn need a specific brand! Ray might be your guy! LOL

Hmmmm, what is the UK equivalent to the police SWAT teams? Here, it's quite common for an address to be called in over suspected bomb making activities all the way to the manufacture of illicit drugs!
All we need is the address.................I've got friends over there to make the calls for me...no connection to you, well only if they never look at your Socials...LOL
I think you are on to something Jeff. Swatting someone sounds better than what I was thinking. It would be much easier to accomplish something. If I had connections to a motorcycle club over there.๐Ÿคซ

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Natrah, I can't remember what Razberri looks like. I have a horrible memory. When a member talks about one of their pets. My mind automatically goes to tortoises. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Razberri is my bunny. I call her my bump on alogamorph because she looks like this most of the time IMG_20240516_175235964.jpg๐Ÿ˜˜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And yes,โ€ฆ.
๐Ÿคช

Me too. How could we ever forget? Elizabeth. It's the perfect excuse to be a bit lazy in our old age. ๐Ÿ˜‰