COLD DARK ROOM

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
She's had a couple new engines put in that IROC, the last one being a Corvette engine.
It came new from the factory with a 305, but I had it yanked immediately and put in a 327, after a few years I went to a stock 350...but that wasn't the performance I needed...or wanted... so this last engine was an LT1 with all kinds of speed equipment. The temperature gauge failed, the radiator got a leak and I didn't know the car got hot and it had only had 48,000 miles on it when I blew it up....Spectacularly....blew it up I might add. I started it at the tire shop, and it banged very loudly and so much steam and smoke came out the car literally disappeared and guys came running with fire extinguishers, Frankly...I was sitting in it stunned and a guy grabbed me and pulled me out, but it all cleared and the car was idling on 3 cylinders...it was horrid. I literally sobbed for a week...out on the couch, no make up or clothes and just cried. I really had expected he and I would go out together...It not once ever entered into my mind I would blow it up....me!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It came new from the factory with a 305, but I had it yanked immediately and put in a 327, after a few years I went to a stock 350...but that wasn't the performance I needed...or wanted... so this last engine was an LT1 with all kinds of speed equipment. The temperature gauge failed, the radiator got a leak and I didn't know the car got hot and it had only had 48,000 miles on it when I blew it up....Spectacularly....blew it up I might add. I started it at the tire shop, and it banged very loudly and so much steam and smoke came out the car literally disappeared and guys came running with fire extinguishers, Frankly...I was sitting in it stunned and a guy grabbed me and pulled me out, but it all cleared and the car was idling on 3 cylinders...it was horrid. I literally sobbed for a week...out on the couch, no make up or clothes and just cried. I really had expected he and I would go out together...It not once ever entered into my mind I would blow it up....me!
If you ever have to change motors again. Try a 572 bow tie big block.😁

COmtnLady

Colorado
The other Ford slang = Found On Road Dead

I had a '69 GTO. The engine was bigger than my entire car now... 400cu.in. stock from factory. It was like flying. 'Would pass anything except a gas station - you could actually see the gas gauge indicator move downward as you drove. There was so much torque that you could feel the front end lift up when you put your foot in it. And the Hurst shifter was like a hot knife through butter (it slid into gears with almost zero effort).
I've only ever had two speeding tickets in my life - the one from that car, I buried the needle on an interstate (speedometer went up to 140 mph and I could feel it still climbing), decided that was stupid (what would happen if I crested a hill and some idiot was blocking both lanes going 40) so lifted my foot of the gas pedal and let it "coast" down - and was clocked at 120 at the top of the next rise ...

Why do we like fast cars and slow critters?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The other Ford slang = Found On Road Dead

I had a '69 GTO. The engine was bigger than my entire car now... 400cu.in. stock from factory. It was like flying. 'Would pass anything except a gas station - you could actually see the gas gauge indicator move downward as you drove. There was so much torque that you could feel the front end lift up when you put your foot in it. And the Hurst shifter was like a hot knife through butter (it slid into gears with almost zero effort).
I've only ever had two speeding tickets in my life - the one from that car, I buried the needle on an interstate (speedometer went up to 140 mph and I could feel it still climbing), decided that was stupid (what would happen if I crested a hill and some idiot was blocking both lanes going 40) so lifted my foot of the gas pedal and let it "coast" down - and was clocked at 120 at the top of the next rise ...

Why do we like fast cars and slow critters?
69 GTO, that is one of the great classics.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
OMG... the 69 GOAT....my Roadracer partner bought one....balanced & blueprinted, 850 duel feed, hi-rise manifold and God knows what else. It idled in 1st gear like a grasshopper!

It has been the ONLY car EVER (IN 45 YEARS) to ever beat my H2 motorcycle from any speed, even from a dead stop!

Of course it blew up, never to regain its dominant position but I will never forget that car!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
This morning I learned why it's not a good idea to leave your 4 gallon electric sprayer full of liquid lime @ 1 cup per thou, overnight.

I began learning this at 8:30 this morning and by the time my lesson was done at 10:30, I think it's safe to say that we won't need a remedial lesson. LMAO, I sure do a lot of dumb stuff. The roads of Belize had nothing on what awaited me at the bottom of that machine! Vinegar and 5' of 3/8" tubing to deliver it where needed....and patience.
Doh!

I love your Tort pics N.....

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
The forecast today is for wall to wall sun which makes a change and it may even be as warm as about 60F. Tomorrow looks as if it will probably be dry too. It's a Bank Holiday in the UK so a long weekend for some people and they'll be glad of the chance to get out and about.
It will be a chance for Lola to enjoy some sunshine too.
I've nothing planned yet, but I'm quite happy plodding on at home.
I hope you all have a good weekend. TTFN

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evening everyone!

Not feeling so well because of blocked sinuses. I wanted to go out tomorrow but I can't go anywhere like this but at least Jacky had a good day out.

Natrah
I'm sorry you have the issues with your sinuses 😔 🙏. Still I'm sure Jacky getting a good day out is a wonderful bright spot in your day.. that kind of stuff always makes me feel better physically even if I don't feel so good.

Cathie 😘

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I saw something really interesting about shih tso puppies while googling today. It said don't give them unfiltered tap water 💦. I figure it's the chlorine.🤔😊

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I am still recovering by eating very little and drinking lots. I do tend to suffer with my sinuses but this latest bout has probably been caused by the weather which has been very changeable.

MaNaAk

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening everyone!

Not feeling so well because of blocked sinuses. I wanted to go out tomorrow but I can't go anywhere like this but at least Jacky had a good day out.

Natrah
Do you think it could be hay fever affecting you? Lots of tree pollen about at the moment and hayfever is something that can start at any age.
Hope you're feeling better soon

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. Well the weather turned again yesterday and we had quite a bit of heavy rain in the afternoon. I think today is going to be a day of mixed fortunes too. Not great for an Bank holiday events but it keeps my neighbours in so selfishly I don't mind it.
Lola had a few good hours of sunshine on Saturday and he was like a turbo charged super tort stomping around after a long lazy bask in the sunshine and some grass grazing.
images

I hope you all have a good day and I'll see you later.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Cathie,

How is Mr Fre settling in with Sapphire, Razberri and Dilly?

Natrah
And well... he's a little butthead so it's a fight to the finish. He wants to play with em bad. If my back is turned the chase is on 🥴 and he could wind up beat up bad 😭 so I don't leave any of them out of my sight ever. Mr Fre has a little dog kennel for night time that's an end table. Or for nap time. Sometimes it's for doggy jail 😉if he gets obnoxious and needs a time out 🙃😁

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning all. Well the weather turned again yesterday and we had quite a bit of heavy rain in the afternoon. I think today is going to be a day of mixed fortunes too. Not great for an Bank holiday events but it keeps my neighbours in so selfishly I don't mind it.
Lola had a few good hours of sunshine on Saturday and he was like a turbo charged super tort stomping around after a long lazy bask in the sunshine and some grass grazing.
images

I hope you all have a good day and I'll see you later.
Send some rain my way. It has been over a month with no rain. We have had 2 sprinkles that lasted for 5 minutes. We are dry as bone. Not sure what dry as a bone means. But I have heard it all my life. 😂😂