COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Ann Arbor, along the Huron River, Bird rd was off Newport rd. The kid that rented our home when we moved to MD in '63 died on that river chasing his dog over thin ice...he was named Jeff and he was my age....1st person I ever knew that died.

Taxes are done and they don't make weed strong enough to get that taste out of my mouth. I take great solace that my income is slashed...I won't owe them crap next year!
LOL
"Taxes" are one of those things I procrastinate on till the last day possible. I used to be a professional estimator and I did pretty well estimating my taxes.....overall I paid 34 bucks! Bam!

I have 2 painters here again today and they figure they will be done Wed or Thurs. I have 27 bag(2 yards) of mulch in my truck to go on the gardens when the painting is done. I took the back yard robot to our other home so it will be push mower time later this week, then a "gray bag" of "kill all grow all" stuff to pretty the yard for sale.

Last night we discussed moving trucks....size & quantity.....LOL, it's beginning, just beginning to dawn on me that I still have a lot of stuff that I still think I'm keeping. ....but the reality may change. I have bikes to get listed.....this week!

Yikes.....it's all cool......I got a "profit sharing" check Saturday from the old job. When he told me it would be coming soon after I left, I had assumed it was BS....but nope, it arrived....nice. I didn't even open the envelope till I was doing my taxes this morning.
How much do you want for the Yamaha 350RD? I might be interested. I have been looking for a small project to tinker with.
I grew up in Royal Oak, my first marriage was spent in Ortonville. After divorce I moved around Louisiana, Ohio back to MI. Ended up in Ludington then bought a house here in Florida. We were snowbirds for about 7yrs. A few years after the accident. I sold the house in MI but I kept my boat in MI. So I can salmon fish when I am up there. My son has a big pole barn to store it in the winter.

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ann Arbor, along the Huron River, Bird rd was off Newport rd. The kid that rented our home when we moved to MD in '63 died on that river chasing his dog over thin ice...he was named Jeff and he was my age....1st person I ever knew that died.

Taxes are done and they don't make weed strong enough to get that taste out of my mouth. I take great solace that my income is slashed...I won't owe them crap next year!
LOL
"Taxes" are one of those things I procrastinate on till the last day possible. I used to be a professional estimator and I did pretty well estimating my taxes.....overall I paid 34 bucks! Bam!

I have 2 painters here again today and they figure they will be done Wed or Thurs. I have 27 bag(2 yards) of mulch in my truck to go on the gardens when the painting is done. I took the back yard robot to our other home so it will be push mower time later this week, then a "gray bag" of "kill all grow all" stuff to pretty the yard for sale.

Last night we discussed moving trucks....size & quantity.....LOL, it's beginning, just beginning to dawn on me that I still have a lot of stuff that I still think I'm keeping. ....but the reality may change. I have bikes to get listed.....this week!

Yikes.....it's all cool......I got a "profit sharing" check Saturday from the old job. When he told me it would be coming soon after I left, I had assumed it was BS....but nope, it arrived....nice. I didn't even open the envelope till I was doing my taxes this morning.
Not sure what you have to sell in bikes and bike parts. If you make a list, I have that friend that likes to buy bikes and parts.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks Ray....I might know the guy! It's a very small world in that group and we all know one another. I had a guy text me from OH 4-5 yrs ago to ask if I wanted a S1(kind of bike) he also said there was a S3 there that he was interested in, could I go look for him. I bought the S1 and he did not buy the S3....but he was cool as he had known that I was looking for that particular bike. Most of the heavy parts that I don't want to ship, I'm going to give them to the friend that owns the bike shop....he has an H2 in pieces that he's threatening to complete. One stop up there on one of mine will motivate him!

Been a little beat up today....I did the taxes and that's it...all day I just moped around. Pulled something in my neck but I just came out of the nuclear powered shower and that broke it up pretty well. No AC in the house and it hit the mid 80's today I think. 3 skylights opened 3" kept it cooler at 77 at 5pm inside. I'd better order that central AC unit!

All in it will cost around 2500 to replace the condenser, coil and lineset for a 3 ton system, 3000 if I opt for a 3.5. I will disconnect the old unit and move it out of the way, then remove the indoor coil & set the new indoor coil in place and pipe the condensate drain, then set the outdoor unit, run the piping, braze the lines, wire the stat and the power then get that guy that worked for me for 3 decades to get over here to make sure I didn't screw up before we fire it up! LOL....what fun...the last one I did by myself was nearly 40 yrs ago......can we all see where this could go? LOL

Hear from wife today?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Ray....I might know the guy! It's a very small world in that group and we all know one another. I had a guy text me from OH 4-5 yrs ago to ask if I wanted a S1(kind of bike) he also said there was a S3 there that he was interested in, could I go look for him. I bought the S1 and he did not buy the S3....but he was cool as he had known that I was looking for that particular bike. Most of the heavy parts that I don't want to ship, I'm going to give them to the friend that owns the bike shop....he has an H2 in pieces that he's threatening to complete. One stop up there on one of mine will motivate him!

Been a little beat up today....I did the taxes and that's it...all day I just moped around. Pulled something in my neck but I just came out of the nuclear powered shower and that broke it up pretty well. No AC in the house and it hit the mid 80's today I think. 3 skylights opened 3" kept it cooler at 77 at 5pm inside. I'd better order that central AC unit!

All in it will cost around 2500 to replace the condenser, coil and lineset for a 3 ton system, 3000 if I opt for a 3.5. I will disconnect the old unit and move it out of the way, then remove the indoor coil & set the new indoor coil in place and pipe the condensate drain, then set the outdoor unit, run the piping, braze the lines, wire the stat and the power then get that guy that worked for me for 3 decades to get over here to make sure I didn't screw up before we fire it up! LOL....what fun...the last one I did by myself was nearly 40 yrs ago......can we all see where this could go? LOL

Hear from wife today?
Let me know if you have any of the bike stuff left. Have you thought about a price on the giant killer? My friend is hooked up with a duely and trailer. He travels all over getting bikes and parts.
Talked to Rose a few times today. She is having fun, it is good for her to get away from my needed butt.🤣

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Have you thought about a price on the giant killer?
I'm not that far yet.....I have to review "title status" on each of them. Some are simple sign-overs but a couple have titles where the seller insisted on filling out all MY info, so I can't just hand them a signed Title. PITA stuff but it'll get there.....

I went out this morning and mowed my back yard with the push mower.....dang I like those robots! LOL. I will let the remaining robot cut the front when the painters are done. I also cut a bunch of branches, some dead, some not to open up my rear yard. Now I'm tired....LOL

My garage door is Black.....was supposed to be white with a black frame on a White home.....but it's a white house with black shutters, front door and now apparently, the garage door. I went out to see how the trim looked against the new White....and saw he was painting the door the wrong color....no problem...it's looks great and I'm not going to ask him to repaint it, even though he offered over and over. It looks good and I'm trying not to be as big an azzhole as I used to be. This is the New & Calmer jeff....we all have goals, right? LOL

I love it Ray that you and your sweetheart are close enough to talk throughout the day, even when she's 2400 miles away! Of course, she might just feel a need to check up on you constantly? WHAT DID YOU DO RAY???
Just fun'in.....

Enjoy the day guys.... I have an AC sys to buy.....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm not that far yet.....I have to review "title status" on each of them. Some are simple sign-overs but a couple have titles where the seller insisted on filling out all MY info, so I can't just hand them a signed Title. PITA stuff but it'll get there.....

I went out this morning and mowed my back yard with the push mower.....dang I like those robots! LOL. I will let the remaining robot cut the front when the painters are done. I also cut a bunch of branches, some dead, some not to open up my rear yard. Now I'm tired....LOL

My garage door is Black.....was supposed to be white with a black frame on a White home.....but it's a white house with black shutters, front door and now apparently, the garage door. I went out to see how the trim looked against the new White....and saw he was painting the door the wrong color....no problem...it's looks great and I'm not going to ask him to repaint it, even though he offered over and over. It looks good and I'm trying not to be as big an azzhole as I used to be. This is the New & Calmer jeff....we all have goals, right? LOL

I love it Ray that you and your sweetheart are close enough to talk throughout the day, even when she's 2400 miles away! Of course, she might just feel a need to check up on you constantly? WHAT DID YOU DO RAY???
Just fun'in.....

Being that I was AWOL from the CDR for awhile.
For some clarification, did you all buy a new house or fixing up your or Kerry's house?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Being that I was AWOL from the CDR for awhile.
For some clarification, did you all buy a new house or fixing up your or Kerry's house?
It's ok....I ramble which makes it hard to follow. We are in the process of preparing my home for sale. We picked out her home together.....and we both love it, even it it's small. I do projects at both locations since things keep moving on. I got the blessing of my AC buddy today for my equip selections and the R22 charge of the old unit is blowing off in the basement....don't want to be too obvious about my felonious behavior. I'll pull the lines, measure and order in the morning.

I also managed to load the dumpster with the screen from one of my larger Anderson windows! I remember holding it and coming to the conclusion that it was an extra, probably for an old screen door and I chucked it. After finding pricing near 200 bucks, I was going to build my own....then I went to Andersons site.....93 dollar mistake and it will be here in a week or so. Talk about dumb!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Just fun'in.....

Me too. I try to be a nice little granny 😁 it never works however 😉😜

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's ok....I ramble which makes it hard to follow. We are in the process of preparing my home for sale. We picked out her home together.....and we both love it, even it it's small. I do projects at both locations since things keep moving on. I got the blessing of my AC buddy today for my equip selections and the R22 charge of the old unit is blowing off in the basement....don't want to be too obvious about my felonious behavior. I'll pull the lines, measure and order in the morning.

I also managed to load the dumpster with the screen from one of my larger Anderson windows! I remember holding it and coming to the conclusion that it was an extra, probably for an old screen door and I chucked it. After finding pricing near 200 bucks, I was going to build my own....then I went to Andersons site.....93 dollar mistake and it will be here in a week or so. Talk about dumb!
New windows is my next thing to buy. When they build homes here in Florida. The home comes with single pane windows unless you order the upgrade. It makes no sense to me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh I don't believe that! I am sure you are the favorite person on your block.😁
And well... I guess even though my grands get told on they fall for it every time. I even had one grandson say I hate it. Every time I try to lie I get caught 😁😁😁 I was my laughing my head off 🙃 at that point. I was thinking that's because you're not good at it and loved him even more 🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
New windows is my next thing to buy. When they build homes here in Florida. The home comes with single pane windows unless you order the upgrade. It makes no sense to me.
Wow! I honestly didn't even know they made single pane windows for anything other than a shed or garage. Well how about that...the things you don't know!

Windows here, replacement windows anyway tend to have much smaller glass areas than the windows they are replacing. I had to shop to get full sized replacements.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Or how deaf have you become? LOL

FWIW: My mom only hired deaf piano tuners for ours. .mom played for the Detroit Symphony in the 40's.

The rain looks sketchy and kept sprinkling so I didn't play with the electricity today on the outdoor AC unit. Instead, I dug a half a hole that I'll dig the rest tomorrow.

Many people have not heard of a half a whole verbiage, trust me it's a thing in the plumbing world.

The last 18 inches or so was a deep sucking combination of mud and old gray water.... delicious but it beat me up so bad that I'm laying in the whirlpool while I do voice to text! LOL20240417_103353~2.jpg
It's 4-5 ft deep so far. Tomorrow I will chase the hole back towards the white pipe. I hate digging below my feet.. See the ledge? I had to stand there or risk being "disappeared" by the Earth! Lol

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Or how deaf have you become? LOL

FWIW: My mom only hired deaf piano tuners for ours. .mom played for the Detroit Symphony in the 40's.

The rain looks sketchy and kept sprinkling so I didn't play with the electricity today on the outdoor AC unit. Instead, I dug a half a hole that I'll dig the rest tomorrow.

Many people have not heard of a half a whole verbiage, trust me it's a thing in the plumbing world.

The last 18 inches or so was a deep sucking combination of mud and old gray water.... delicious but it beat me up so bad that I'm laying in the whirlpool while I do voice to text! LOLView attachment 369419
It's 4-5 ft deep so far. Tomorrow I will chase the hole back towards the white pipe. I hate digging below my feet.. See the ledge? I had to stand there or risk being "disappeared" by the Earth! Lol
Depending on how far you have to dig. Would a walk behind backhoe rented at Home Depot help?
How was the gray water smell?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
How was the gray water smell?
Like sewage, EXACTLY like it! My septic tank and drain field are so close that I thought maybe I found a lateral! LOL

Pictures of holes never do them justice! "The hole is deeper than it appears" should be made into a sign!

I only have a couple more hours to dig Ray. I tend to "bull it" before taking the time to rent equip if I can, prob just like you used to do before your accident. Kind of like shoveling snow off a roof instead of using one of those reachy things.....you know! LOL

That hot bath last night did a world of good! I went to bed around 9, up at 1 but feel good. I don't take OTC meds very often anymore. By avoiding them, I feel better....I think they get you used to the pain relief so the pain is worse till your system figures out that you aren't going to take a pill each time it whimpers!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I got a day off from digging. The Painter had to scrape the metal siding above my work area. So I couldn't work with the falling debris.

He only has the rear garage door, inner parts of the bay window and to remount the shutters! He should be done tomorrow!!

Yay jeff!

He's is also giving me a couple of other prices for stuff I want done...we'll see.

I have the new AC condenser coming tomorrow and my driveway is too damaged to allow my dollies to roll. I have an old hand truck and a strap so I should be ok. They are sending it on a liftgate truck.

I sure do miss Kerry. We talk like we used to of course but being gone for a week at a time kind of sucks. oops, she called while I was typing this.

Wow- let me blow your minds; Right before logging on I ordered some tire sealant for my hand truck at Walmart....at 7:46....it ARRIVED via car at 8:05!!! Love it!