COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
The night before last, just after 11 pm, I turned to wifey and said, "Is that you jiggling the sofa?"
She replied, " I thought it was you!"
Then we noticed the picture on the wall moving about and ripples in our coffee.
Potato.jpg
It lasted for about two minutes, we knew what it was, it's happened once before here and I've experienced a few elsewhere.
Tidgy slept through it.
The earthquake epicentre was far enough away from Fes that we suffered no deaths or structural damage.
Down south there are thousands dead, trapped, buried and critically injured.
I spent yesterday contacting the people I know down there, Thankfully, they are all okay.
wifey and I gave blood, but there's not much else we can do at this time.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
The night before last, just after 11 pm, I turned to wifey and said, "Is that you jiggling the sofa?"
View attachment 361227
It lasted for about two minutes, we knew what it was, it's happened once before here and I've experienced a few elsewhere.
Tidgy slept through it.
The earthquake epicentre was far enough away from Fes that we suffered no deaths or structural damage.
I spent yesterday contacting the people I know down there, Thankfully, they are all okay.
It's fantastic that y'all are ok.
But it's very sad that so many others are not

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My mother in law lives in Akron and we got her a crape myrtle 15 years ago. It is doing well but not very tall due to the harsh Ohio winters. Mine in VA are 20 years old and I keep them trimmed T 10' tall
I live in a part that's a bit warmer than Akron. I can deal with 10'. In fact that would be a nice size. It came from the Arbor Day Foundation so I was half afraid of it.😉 especially after the true crabapple (not ornamental) I got from them also. So far I'm loving what I see with the crepe myrtle. I have a love hate relationship with the Crab Apple 🍏🍏🍏🍏. The animals, people and birds love the apples. They actually taste good 😋So I'm helping my little wild friends. People walking down the sidewalk grab themselves one. I love that. I hate the upkeep and cleanup. It's so big it's the majority of one side of our front yard.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi Zeropilot it’s me chef.
I have been wondering about Adam myself.
I am extremely concerned because I just heard the bad news and the death toll has now reached over two thousand!!!!
I can’t even get my head around that!?!?
If you hear from him could you please let’s us know if he and wifey are ok?.

I sincerely hope you are getting better day by day as I heard about your situation.
That blew my mind as well!!!

Just take it slow. As I get older I question myself as to WHY THE HECK am I rushing all of the time???!!!!
Where’s the dam finish line already!??
And what the hell is my prize??????

God threw me a twist though and I think it is to remind me to slow down and smell the roses, enjoy a night sky, look at tic tac…

He threw me REPTILES!!!!!
A tortoise
A red eared slider
AND OF ALL THINGS A FRIGGIN SNAIL!!
The SLOWEST OF ALL CREATURES ON THIS EARTH!!
(Even though I do loooove them sooo much) 🤭
Ok… that adt rant is over…
Back to you and Tidgy…..

You = slow your roll!
Tidgy = please call us!!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️
I just caught him 🤣🤗🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 361227
Tidgy slept through it.
I'm glad to see you and your family are ok. I'll be praying for your country. It's a sad and tragic event for all of you. Our News station is saying 3000 not mentioning how many injuries..

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sorry Ray.
I've been out of the loop.
If that pump has a standard SCHRADER valve, they mostly install and remove the same way and all work the same way (Allow air in. But not back out)
Is the air coming back out? Or not going in at all?
It could be frozen/rusted into its fitting. I can't visualize it in my mind. But it's likely some sub assembly that will need to be replaced. Valve and fitting included.
No air in or out. The core of the Schrader valve is smaller than then a standard for a car or bike tire. Talked to the manufacturer and he said you remove the whole valve. Remove the tank and fish some fishing line from top hole to bottom hole. Tie a Schrader valve to the line and pull it through the tank. When it gets to the top. Pull through the hole until it seats. I don't think that will work. The blatter is sealed around the bottom hole.
Not sure I can get fishing line to the bottom hole. I am going to try one more remedy. If it doesn't work, I have a plumber coming tomorrow. To put in a new tank. It's getting easier for me to accept that paying for something to get fixed. Is much better than busting my *** to save 100.00. With my disabilities, I have to pick the right fight to get involved in 😁
There is a company I can get the correct Schrader valve. But it will take 3 or 4 days to get. I don't want to burn up my pump. Waiting for it to be shipped.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The official total is currently 2,122 dead with 2, 421 injured of which well over a thousand are critical.
But many remote villages have lost dozens of people and haven't been reached by authorities yet.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Glad you are OK! Stick around for a bit. You always brighten up the CDR. 😁

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I live in a part that's a bit warmer than Akron. I can deal with 10'. In fact that would be a nice size. It came from the Arbor Day Foundation so I was half afraid of it.😉 especially after the true crabapple (not ornamental) I got from them also. So far I'm loving what I see with the crepe myrtle. I have a love hate relationship with the Crab Apple 🍏🍏🍏🍏. The animals, people and birds love the apples. They actually taste good 😋So I'm helping my little wild friends. People walking down the sidewalk grab themselves one. I love that. I hate the upkeep and cleanup. It's so big it's the majority of one side of our front yard.
Excellent they are extremely hardy. The one on the left got dug out and set in the street for 4 days 3 years ago when they had to repair my water and sewer lines. The guys made a nice dirt dam for it and they rotated it so it leaned into the other one when they put it back

Attachments

• 20230910_191913.jpg
    20230910_191913.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Excellent they are extremely hardy. The one on the left got dug out and set in the street for 4 days 3 years ago when they had to repair my water and sewer lines. The guys made a nice dirt dam for it and they rotated it so it leaned into the other one when they put it back
Your front yard is beautiful. Something I would love. Maybe I'll get something similar when I'm done.😊

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Today I have mostly been eating toadstools.

YOU’RE HEEEEERRRREEE!!!!!
You’re ok!!!!!
How’s wifey and that little booger in your avatar????
Thank God you are ok.
I am sooooo sorry for what’s happening in your country right now.
Please know we were ALL thinking of you when we heard!
Praise the Lord for your strength and safety.
I was afraid I would not get to read your new book! (The one you were working on before you left awhile ago.)
I hope you have been working on it and I hope you are back to stay on the forum for good this time!.
We can’t live without your great stories of Tidgys adventures!!!!!!
Bless your little heart for being ok. 😓
Now I go back to worrying about Ray and Rose and Opo, Zeropilot ….
and some others who are hitting hard times with health problems..
I tip my hat to you good sir and bid you a fond adue (sp).. 🤔….
God Bless. 🙏❤️🍫

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You’re ok!!!!!
Thank God you are ok.
I was afraid I would not get to read your new book! (The one you were working on before you left awhile ago.)
I hope you have been working on it and I hope you are back to stay on the forum for good this time!.
God Bless. 🙏❤️🍫
You can take Rose, Opo and me off your worry list. My mother in law and I didn't get the covid from Rose. This seems to be a funny strain. My brother and sons of 2 friends of mine had the covid. No one else in those 3 households ended up with covid. Not sure if there is a pattern or not.
Thanks for your concern.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You’re ok!!!!!
Thank God you are ok.
God Bless. 🙏❤️🍫
What a lovely message!
Thank you, my friend.
wifey's great and focused on practicing her sleeping. Tidgy is eating her lunch and will be going up on the terrace with me this afternoon to study crystals. They're both well.
I have about half a dozen books in progress but doubt I'll ever finish any of them.
Yes, the situation down the southwest is pretty dire. Absolute horror stories coming out of there.
Wish I could do more to help.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
What a lovely message!
Thank you, my friend.
wifey's great and focused on practicing her sleeping. Tidgy is eating her lunch and will be going up on the terrace with me this afternoon to study crystals. They're both well.
I have about half a dozen books in progress but doubt I'll ever finish any of them.
Yes, the situation down the southwest is pretty dire. Absolute horror stories coming out of there.
Wish I could do more to help.
I am very happy to here that you and your wife and Tidgy are okay.