COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all, we had lots of heavy rain in the night but it's left us with a bright and sunny morning with just a few light showers.
I hope the weather has calmed down for those of you also having rain and strong winds and that you all have a good Saturday.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Hi all, almost had a heart attack today. In my search for torts here in SA, I found a person selling them (which is illegal). Lots of hingebacks in cramped quarters, 7 in a small cardboard box, absolutely horrendous. I continued my search and found another person who helped me find my current tort. (Knew someone looking to give away.) I was looking for intrest sake at leopards. (Here in SA they are going to hatch in masses when the first rains hit at the end of November). The person who helped me find my tort, gave me a number and said that they help her with conservation and relocating. I looked at the number and realised... that was the same person selling the hingebacks!
This person lied to the relocator and sold the torts in horrid conditions!
I contacted her and she immediately dialed the other person. Big marrakas. How awful that someone could do such a thing!
(Sorry that this wasn't that positive, but here is an image of Sunny to fix it)
20211028_172004_017.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all, we had lots of heavy rain in the night but it's left us with a bright and sunny morning with just a few light showers.
I hope the weather has calmed down for those of you also having rain and strong winds and that you all have a good Saturday.
It's a good Saturday evening. But the only sunshine I'm getting is here on TFO.? It's been a cold 50's f, overcast, and drizzling still. It's being typical fall weather. I wound up sleeping in hours which is just ridiculous for me. I woke up surprised that it was 9:30 am. I'm usually awake by at least 6am so I at least have time for coffee before I start the critters.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm getting tired of sleeping like this ? I feel like I'm wasting time. I want every minute of every day unless I'm having a good dream. That would work.
Maybe you need a health check Cathie or it could be that your going into hibernation mode.
The dark evenings and cold wet days always make me feel like curling up somewhere warm and cosy.
I woke up really early today - 6 30 ish - and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. Our clocks went back last night so it was really 7.30, but still earlier than I would normally surface on a Sunday.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
BOO!?
I hope that didn't scare those of you with a nervous disposition ;)

Good morning all and Happy Hallowe'en!
It's a foul day here again with more rain and strong winds lashing the house. Thankfully it looks as if it will become drier through the week.
I don't think I'll be venturing out anywhere today so no trick or treating for me!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday - the last day of October too - where did that month go?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe you need a health check Cathie or it could be that your going into hibernation mode.
The dark evenings and cold wet days always make me feel like curling up somewhere warm and cosy.
I woke up really early today - 6 30 ish - and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. Our clocks went back last night so it was really 7.30, but still earlier than I would normally surface on a Sunday.
I think I'm too much like my tortoise right now ??

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It has been a while since I visited. I hope everybody is doing well and healthy, happy and even possibly a little wealthy as well.

We had some lovely rains here in Cape Town this morning. Thankfully Hubby and I had already done our voting, so we did not get caught at all.

Then we came home and decided to climb back into bed and snooze some more. It was great. I think we needed that extra sleep because we had been having to many late night recently.

One of my doves are sitting on eggs and as I am sitting here I think the eggs are busy hatching. Here are a few pics.
16357652623727716328142902187059.jpg16357653973204181954990887218476.jpg16357654421386638158937247283808.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning!
It's a brighter calmer day here - thank goodness!
We had hailstones a few times yesterday and they were hitting so hard and fast I thought they were going to smash the windows! The noise was incredible on the roof.
I'm having a trip to Cardiff today to drop off a compost bin at my nephew's house. I don't really have room for it so I'm glad he's giving it a home. We're going to have a bite to eat as well and I'm looking forward to seeing them.
So Happy Monday (and November) to you all I'll see you later.
TTFN

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It has been a while since I visited. I hope everybody is doing well and healthy, happy and even possibly a little wealthy as well.

We had some lovely rains here in Cape Town this morning. Thankfully Hubby and I had already done our voting, so we did not get caught at all.

Then we came home and decided to climb back into bed and snooze some more. It was great. I think we needed that extra sleep because we had been having to many late night recently.

One of my doves are sitting on eggs and as I am sitting here I think the eggs are busy hatching. Here are a few pics.
View attachment 335526View attachment 335527View attachment 335528
The torts are looking well, Carol, and hopefully you'll soon have some baby doves to coo over :)
We haven't see Linda since she was in France so we're hoping all is well with her, but I think everyone else is plodding on regardless.
Always good to hear from you :<3:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning!
It's a brighter calmer day here - thank goodness!
We had hailstones a few times yesterday and they were hitting so hard and fast I thought they were going to smash the windows! The noise was incredible on the roof.
I'm having a trip to Cardiff today to drop off a compost bin at my nephew's, house. I don't really have room for it so I'm glad he's giving it a home. We're going to have a bite to eat as well and I'm looking forward to seeing them.
So Happy Monday (and November) to you all I'll see you later.
TTFN

Have a great day. Wow, a late October hailstorm!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Picked a nice very large Fuju persimmon from our tree this morning. In the pix below, we picked the uppermost one. We’ve been watching these fruit develop all season from early Spring to now. Pictures don’t do this tree or fruit justice. The fruit itself is just perfect. Fuju is a “non-astringent” type of persimmon & tastes like fresh papaya & mango in one mouthful.

F876634C-966E-4F7D-A919-81D8D91DD822.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Hi Carol!! You’ve been missed!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well it’s a beautiful Monday here! I am on a Halloween sugar overload.. we trick-or-treated and had a blast. I couldn’t refrain from eating my share. I entered a chili cook off for the festival in my neighborhood and I won 1st place… the funny thing about this is, I have no taste or smell after the Covid so I was cooking ”blind”!!! They also asked contestants to name your chili and it put me on the spot… so the first thing that came to mind was COVID BUSTER???..

anyway, I’ll try to get back on track now! Lol

have a great day!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

It's so wonderful to see you post. Looks like you're having fun. Cute torts and are the doves a new endeavor. How are your Zebras doing????