COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Get him to buy a tortoise and join the Tortoise Forum and introduce him to the Cold Dark Room.
Then I can charge him for coffee and everyone's happy.
I'm trying to go slow about all that. He was happy to see me and Joe. He said hello across the lobby and called me Miss Green. He's a brand spanking new Doctor and very good. He told me he was upset when the coronavirus hit and thought he'd lost us as patients. The health department and him decided to do a home visit instead but it's not what he wanted.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hi anyone. I've not been on here in a while. As it does sometimes, life got busy on me.

A sweet story to share. This story is about my sweet nephew, Alex. His mom, my sister isn't here to share this beautiful story because she took her life 10 years ago. But this in not a sad story. Our family has grown stronger and chooses to live in every joyous moment we can. This is a story of joy and happiness.

Today my sweet nephew, Alex gets married to the sweetest young lady, Hillary. They are a beautiful family. They dated a little in high school, then reconnected after college. I helped her get a job at the school I worked at in a small town nearby so she could live closer to Alex while they explored this new adult relationship.

As the special education coordinator of the campus, I placed a darling boy with special needs in her class. This boy had also just been put in foster care the year before. I told her "you're gonna love this kid. I do. He is fun, sweet, loving, wants to please, and needs love and attention." He also happened to have ADHD to a severe degree. I love kids who are busy and found out she handled them in stride, so perfect classroom right?.

Well, she did love that kid. When she had some trouble with him at school, some issues she was working on, she would share that with Alex in the evenings. I always told Alex he would be a great teacher. He is patient, kind, and loves kids. Alex would give Hillary suggestions of strategies to try with Allen. The strategies were successful. The child thrived.

Allen's foster mom needed a babysitter a few times on weekends and summer. Hillary volunteered since she loved him now and knew he was not easy to handle for just anyone. Besides, she had me next door to help if needed, and Alex in the same house. A few weekends of that and ... now Alex loves him.

Foster mom decides she can deal with being a foster parent of a child with severe ADHD. Bet you can guess. Yep, Alex and Hillary became foster parents and took him in.

Three years later, Allen is happy, and healthy, living next door to me. Alex and Hillary have a 9-month old baby of their own biology now. Today Alex and Hillary get married. Next week they will officially adopt Allen.

I had to pause in writing this. You see, I had to iron Alex's clothes for the wedding. So happy for this day. I love my family.

Smile on turtle friends.
You just made my heart so happy! BLESSED!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
We missed you, too! How was the weekend?
It was ok... the family really needed the break but honestly, I needed to get caught up .. now I’m just farther behind.. I was a nervous wreck about my daughter being out and getting jarred or some other catastrophe.. I had to mentally check myself ! Everyone did have a good time though and I know they all needed it.. we went to River Run ATV park .. they were doing a fundraising ride for cancer cure...

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
It was ok... the family really needed the break but honestly, I needed to get caught up .. now I’m just farther behind.. I was a nervous wreck about my daughter being out and getting jarred or some other catastrophe.. I had to mentally check myself ! Everyone did have a good time though and I know they all needed it.. we went to River Run ATV park .. they were doing a fundraising ride for cancer cure...
I would have been stressed, too, with all the worry. I'm glad you at least got to have some fun, and for a good cause!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I am even with no electricity. And I have to listen to my little baofeng radio. Plus I fired up the atomic lights with batteries. Thank the Lord it's warm. I'm missing a bunch of TV though.?
Sorry about the lack of electricity... I hope you weren't waiting on the endings to too many cliffhangers... ?