COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
It must be in a perfect place in the garden. I've always been a little interested in roses and what makes them survive or not. I love the little miniature ones especially. I've read that they have to have lots of healthy leaves. The more the better. I might try one again this year. With Mother's Day approaching there'll probably be some pretty ones available. I'm going to try a different spot this year.
I will try one with you!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well everyone,,I am in the hospital with pneumonia again. 1 am I woke up and couldn't breathe. Also horrible migraine and chest pains. Had Rose take me to the hospital but I really should have called 911. I was in bad shape when I got to the hospital.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well everyone,,I am in the hospital with pneumonia again. 1 am I woke up and couldn't breathe. Also horrible migraine and chest pains. Had Rose take me to the hospital but I really should have called 911. I was in bad shape when I got to the hospital.

Ray Ray Ray….we pray. What the heck! Take care there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh Ray darn it. I'll send hopes and prayers your way 🙏🤗. Hopefully they just kept you because of your other health problems for GP.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Lots of rain again today, but we need it. I moved my live “BirdCam” to a new/dry spot at about 0600 this morning, rain started shortly there after. The focus - humming bird feeder.

Looked a few mins ago, a cute little hummer was sitting on the hook. A little AM shower.

View attachment 356549
Lucky you. I've not seen any yet but the feeder's up and being charged every few days.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love roses, Mom made me! LOL, I used to help her prepare the beds with manure from the local horse farm. Later, when I lived alone, I used to stop and help myself at someone's Bush's before seeing the "girl of my dreams" that night. There was one house that had vertical trellises I gave Peg a dozen roses from there after she got mad at me when we first moved in together, a few moments later she realized there was no wrapping....but she liked them anyway....they really were beautiful. It just became my thing, I would get whoever I'm with, a dozen rose's + 1 for each year we are together at Valentines day. I was married 25 years and now I've been with Kerry 11. This year, Kerry put the cabash on that tradition....I didn't fight a bit, it's not cheap.! I do appreciate roses, very much!

And thanks Ray, while it seemed vaguely familiar, I hadn't known or had forgotten that roses need a graft plant to start.

Nice evening out here...60's sun finally out. I wore just shorts blew the oak doodads off the decks and walkway. It looks like they are all down already!
One plant could maybe carry on the tradition a lot cheaper 😝🌹

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh Ray darn it. I'll send hopes and prayers your way 🙏🤗. Hopefully they just kept you because of your other health problems for GP.
I didn't know if I was having a stroke or a heart attack. I had never felt that way before. Heart is the same, just damage to the lower 3rd of the heart. I am not expelling C02 from my lungs good enough. The number should be in the 40's and it is in the 70's. My oxygen saturation is low also. Was in the 70's last night. They got it back to the upper 80's. Should be in the 90's.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Ray, I can feel a little better knowing that you at least feel good enough to type! Pneumonia in compromised folks, sucks since it just beats the crud out of you. Pursed diaphragm breathing helps Ray, you know the drill! Sleep apnea much buddy? Do you think that's why your O2 tanked while you were sleeping and breathing shallow?

I'm just a dumb plumber and you are surrounded by smart folks.....who will keep you running so I don't have to dance around your illness since I see you as a friend. Look at this way, it's just a "pit stop"....and by your description, you were REALLY low on fuel, you needed this pit stop!

At 70's%, you are very deep into real danger. I'm surprised that you have any recollection. I know that the hospital can keep you alive today, but what about at home, do you have a Oxy tank for those special emergencies that you ARE capable of dealing with?
When I hit 90-92% sat rate, I become incoherent, no rational thought at all & past the point of having the wherewithal to help myself. Maybe that's why you didn't know what was happening Ray?

At 85% and they were rushing for life support. I remember hearing everything later, each time. They even wheeled in a crash cart once. I remember thinking; "Don't taze me bro". Don't ask me why, I just remember thinking it.

Kerry was with me last time. She thought something was up b/c I wasn't making any sense. Neither of us knew what was wrong. When they checked the sat rate at the Walkin, they brought out the O2 bottle. 5 minutes later, Superman was superman again. Next day, I ordered a bottle for home so we can eliminate that drama in the future.

I hope that you will feel better today as the day goes on......

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So sorry to hear this Ray, sounds very scary! I hope you make a speedy recovery and are soon back home.

Thinking of you :<3:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Kerry's fight was delayed from 10pm ....I woke at 1am and texted her since I hadn't spoken to her earlier. she had just landed at BWI- 10 miles away. She came over and crashed. I had to leave my room so she could get some sleep. Superman has a heart because she has to teach today.

Installed my fixtures downstairs yesterday, did laundry, cleaned out my outdoor basement walkout sump between rain showers and watched the grass grow.

I did order a canopy for my bedroom deck Sliding door. I began looking....400-900 bucks? Really? I can do better....

I use the smaller plastic and metal ones for the lawn robots in the rear and side yards and other than needing to be hit with the pressure washer to blow off the green crud once a year, they are holding up great! I like going on my deck and when it's raining, well, there's no dry place to stand and I have white wool rugs in my bedroom so I don't want to track junk in.

A bit of searching;
40 x 80 inches=60 bucks! BAM!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WJ2LS1X/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Enjoy the day guys............

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Kerry's fight was delayed from 10pm ....I woke at 1am and texted her since I hadn't spoken to her earlier. she had just landed at BWI- 10 miles away. She came over and crashed. I had to leave my room so she could get some sleep. Superman has a heart because she has to teach today.

Installed my fixtures downstairs yesterday, did laundry, cleaned out my outdoor basement walkout sump between rain showers and watched the grass grow.

I did order a canopy for my bedroom deck Sliding door. I began looking....400-900 bucks? Really? I can do better....

I use the smaller plastic and metal ones for the lawn robots in the rear and side yards and other than needing to be hit with the pressure washer to blow off the green crud once a year, they are holding up great! I like going on my deck and when it's raining, well, there's no dry place to stand and I have white wool rugs in my bedroom so I don't want to track junk in.

A bit of searching;
40 x 80 inches=60 bucks! BAM!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WJ2LS1X/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Enjoy the day guys............
Thanks been meaning to get something to cover my fishing rods I have stored outside!~

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Rain is gone, sun is out. Wifey and I still talking about the great meal she cooked up yesterday afternoon/evening. Picked up a leg of lamb on deep discount at our local Giant.. . Original price $80 plus, discounted to $52 & we paid $26.

Four hours of slow roasting away. First time we’ve done a hunk of meat like this.

24458BFA-A8F2-46FE-A638-0155340CF68B.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Rain is gone, sun is out. Wifey and I still talking about the great meal she cooked up yesterday afternoon/evening. Picked up a leg of lamb on deep discount at our local Giant.. . Original price $80 plus, discounted to $52 & we paid $26.

Four hours of slow roasting away. First time we’ve done a hunk of meat like this.

View attachment 356574
I haven't found a good deal on that for quite awhile. That's one of my favorite meals even for just two. Then I freeze packs for later meals. It freezes nicely and tastes just as good later.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I didn't know if I was having a stroke or a heart attack. I had never felt that way before. Heart is the same, just damage to the lower 3rd of the heart. I am not expelling C02 from my lungs good enough. The number should be in the 40's and it is in the 70's. My oxygen saturation is low also. Was in the 70's last night. They got it back to the upper 80's. Should be in the 90's.
Well... it's on the way up and that's all I'm going to accept. 🙏🤗And besides that you have a Rose 🌹 that needs a rose plant.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
It's been a bit of a lazy day today, the weather was drier with sunny intervals so pottered around in the garden and Lola spent quite a bit of time stretched out in his favourite sunny spot.
He's started being quite noisy when he's in his hide lately. It looks like he tucks his head in, rises up slightly on his front legs then pushes against the wall, and makes a grinding noise on his slate which is under his heat source with what I think must be his front claws.
This has only started recently so I'm not sure what he's doing. I'll have to try and film him with one of my trail cams to see what he's up to. I've wondered if maybe he needs substrate in there to dig in - not something I've used before for ease of cleaning but perhaps he's trying to tell me something. Anyone any idea?
It's time for me to hit the hay now, but I hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday.
Nos Da!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all,
It's been a bit of a lazy day today, the weather was drier with sunny intervals so pottered around in the garden and Lola spent quite a bit of time stretched out in his favourite sunny spot.
He's started being quite noisy when he's in his hide lately. It looks like he tucks his head in, rises up slightly on his front legs then pushes against the wall, and makes a grinding noise on his slate which is under his heat source with what I think must be his front claws.
This has only started recently so I'm not sure what he's doing. I'll have to try and film him with one of my trail cams to see what he's up to. I've wondered if maybe he needs substrate in there to dig in - not something I've used before for ease of cleaning but perhaps he's trying to tell me something. Anyone any idea?
It's time for me to hit the hay now, but I hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday.
Nos Da!
I'll be looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks about Lola's behavior because Sapphire starts being noisy this time of year also but settles down all other times of the year. It's been cold and rainy and he can't go outside everyday just yet. He was quiet today. Some days lately he's not been totally satisfied. Maybe it's spring.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I got that wrong about the C02. Mine is 40 it should be 70.
Ray, I can feel a little better knowing that you at least feel good enough to type! Pneumonia in compromised folks, sucks since it just beats the crud out of you. Pursed diaphragm breathing helps Ray, you know the drill! Sleep apnea much buddy? Do you think that's why your O2 tanked while you were sleeping and breathing shallow?

I'm just a dumb plumber and you are surrounded by smart folks.....who will keep you running so I don't have to dance around your illness since I see you as a friend. Look at this way, it's just a "pit stop"....and by your description, you were REALLY low on fuel, you needed this pit stop!

At 70's%, you are very deep into real danger. I'm surprised that you have any recollection. I know that the hospital can keep you alive today, but what about at home, do you have a Oxy tank for those special emergencies that you ARE capable of dealing with?
When I hit 90-92% sat rate, I become incoherent, no rational thought at all & past the point of having the wherewithal to help myself. Maybe that's why you didn't know what was happening Ray?

At 85% and they were rushing for life support. I remember hearing everything later, each time. They even wheeled in a crash cart once. I remember thinking; "Don't taze me bro". Don't ask me why, I just remember thinking it.

Kerry was with me last time. She thought something was up b/c I wasn't making any sense. Neither of us knew what was wrong. When they checked the sat rate at the Walkin, they brought out the O2 bottle. 5 minutes later, Superman was superman again. Next day, I ordered a bottle for home so we can eliminate that drama in the future.

I hope that you will feel better today as the day goes on......
Thanks Jeff, I have a concentrator and I am on 3 liters 24/7. I hook the air up to my cpap at night time. They are thinking about putting me on a bipap because it helps with breathing in and exhaling while you sleep. Stuff is breaking up in my chest. So that's a plus.