COLD DARK ROOM

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
I dislike Christmas. It was different when I was raising a family....but when you are a single adult it can be painfully lonely. I do stuff for myself on Christmas. Some years I put up a tree...this year it was free from my logger friend, I bought myself a gift and I will probably take the tree down as I have decided to move furniture and change my living room around...I don't know about you but when a friend gives me a gift on Christmas, because I can't reciprocate, it makes me uncomfortable. I really would rather they don't. I'm not bored and generally not depressed, I would just rather it didn't happen...
here's my last Dale Earnhardt Christmas tree...View attachment 337858
Me three.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
It was a bright morning but now the clouds have moved in again and there's some rain on the way for the weekend.
Tree is up but my trusty lights aren't working so there must be a bulb out which is affecting the circuit, so need to find that - which is a nuisance.
I was intending to drop off some gifts this morning but my nephew turned up and wanted me to a lateral flow test for him, and then my sister arrived, so I haven't made it out of the door yet. Never mind there's a couple of days yet.
I hope you are all having a pleasant Wednesday.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Wednesday all. A mild sunny morning. My new hip is feeling good, still need to use a walker to get about (and be safe). Dr said I need to take it easy for 3 months - all bets off if I accidentally fall doing something goofy. Luckily, I can get out to feed the birds, and go down into the basement and work on my lathe. ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning/afternoon all,
It was a bright morning but now the clouds have moved in again and there's some rain on the way for the weekend.
Tree is up but my trusty lights aren't working so there must be a bulb out which is affecting the circuit, so need to find that - which is a nuisance.
I was intending to drop off some gifts this morning but my nephew turned up and wanted me to a lateral flow test for him, and then my sister arrived, so I haven't made it out of the door yet. Never mind there's a couple of days yet.
I hope you are all having a pleasant Wednesday.
TTFN

I hate those pesky lights….I never have the patience to find the bulb & replace (wifey does). Lights are so darn cheap these days, we often just buy a new string of lights & throw them on. A lot easier ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Wednesday all. A mild sunny morning. My new hip is feeling good, still need to use a walker to get about (and be safe). Dr said I need to take it easy for 3 months - all bets off if I accidentally fall doing something goofy. Luckily, I can get out to feed the birds, and go down into the basement and work on my lathe. ?
Better listen and be extra careful. I know it’s frustrating but you’ll reap the rewards with the all healed super hip later ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! The mystery egg has hatched and it appears to be a goose:). We are naming it Treasure.. I will upload some pics once it becomes cute and fluffy.. it’s still all yucky right now and wobbly ?. I won’t put this one in the outdoor brooder because it’s all alone..it’s going in a big box with heat lamp right here in the house.. I’m forseeing a very spoiled and socialized bird in my future!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good morning! The mystery egg has hatched and it appears to be a goose:). We are naming it Treasure.. I will upload some pics once it becomes cute and fluffy.. it’s still all yucky right now and wobbly ?. I won’t put this one in the outdoor brooder because it’s all alone..it’s going in a big box with heat lamp right here in the house.. I’m forseeing a very spoiled and socialized bird in my future!
Yes, cuddle with it and spend a lotta time socializing with it. I apparently did not spend enough time with my Ethyl and Cletus, as they are NOT really into socializing with me, except for food.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Yes, cuddle with it and spend a lotta time socializing with it. I apparently did not spend enough time with my Ethyl and Cletus, as they are NOT really into socializing with me, except for food.
Have you heard of the Book: "Duck, there's a Goose in the House" How to Enjoy Waterfowl As Pets
By Nancy L. Townsend
This web page has a kind of synopsis of the book. The book was a very easy read. . .

Last edited:

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Me three.
Me four
I dislike Christmas. It was different when I was raising a family....but when you are a single adult it can be painfully lonely. I do stuff for myself on Christmas. Some years I put up a tree...this year it was free from my logger friend, I bought myself a gift and I will probably take the tree down as I have decided to move furniture and change my living room around...I don't know about you but when a friend gives me a gift on Christmas, because I can't reciprocate, it makes me uncomfortable. I really would rather they don't. I'm not bored and generally not depressed, I would just rather it didn't happen...
here's my last Dale Earnhardt Christmas tree...View attachment 337858
I donʻt even put up a tree. My husband says "Itʻs just another day" and my son wonʻt help me decorate, he says itʻs pointless because they get taken down later. Christmas presents - if wrapped are on the dining room table. Some of them are just in an Amazon box thrust at me. At least Maggie gets to put up a Dale Earnhardt tree.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have to get up early Christmas a.m. and trudge over to my daughter's house, where her grandkids are opening their presents. I'd rather not go. I'm not a people person, don't really like kids, and, like Maggie, can't afford to buy anyone a nice present. My daughter always buys me several different things, and all I do for the great grand kids is a card with $$ in it. I stay about an hour, then escape. I'm fine with being alone. That's my preference. I'm glad when it's over. I'm pretty much Bah Humbug!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Me four

I donʻt even put up a tree. My husband says "Itʻs just another day" and my son wonʻt help me decorate, he says itʻs pointless because they get taken down later. Christmas presents - if wrapped are on the dining room table. Some of them are just in an Amazon box thrust at me. At least Maggie gets to put up a Dale Earnhardt tree.
I always buy myself something for Christmas...this year it is tan suede knee boots...

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Very nice. We made two loaves of Persimmon Bread today. Used up a few of our very ripest fruit. Still leaves us with a ton….might have to clean them & freeze.
I made 24 - 1/2 pints of Plum Jam in July. I had 12+ pound's of Plums off of my Tree.
I was also able to make, 3 - 15"x15" Plum leather sheets in the dehydrator.
That was a first for me and it turned out really good.
The Pain was picking 300 or so Plum pit's out of the cooked puree.