COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Talk about someone “jumping in” quickly to help out!

That stupid, stupid girl!!! She got complacent. It's amazing how fast the gator jerked his head and snapped up her hand. And then the death roll. She's so lucky that guy was brave enough to jump in.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You might have said this, but I missed the ID.

American Dagger Moth caterpillar

My son tried to tell me but I couldn't understand what he said because he was on his cell phone except for moth caterpillar. Thanks ? I just think they're a pretty little caterpillar

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Also I'll warn them against touching the caterpillar again. My grandsons girlfriend was letting it sit on her hand. I know if it had left welts I'd have heard about it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That stupid, stupid girl!!! She got complacent. It's amazing how fast the gator jerked his head and snapped up her hand. And then the death roll. She's so lucky that guy was brave enough to jump in.
I can't believe she was feeding an alligator after all the warnings about that. It's more like pride then complacency. Look how cool I am. That behavior gets people hurt and even more so the species. She is lucky and jeopardized another person in the process.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hope you had a safe trip and the appointment went well for Jess.
Thanks Lyn. all went good. They basically told us that it could be 1-2 more years before we look at any more surgical options. Nerve recovery is slow and tests show that hers are responding.. Jess left disheartened at the thought of two more years like she is now. My heart hurts for her. But in the bigger picture, they think she will regain so much more with time and a lot of work on her part.. it really was good news but she needs some time to rebuild her outlook.. She will though. I won’t let her quit.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

We did finally get a pretty good id. It's a banded tussock which looks like the dagger at times. The difference is the black spikes down it's body. She did get a slight rash. Hopefully lesson learned. Stop playing with bugs you little brat! She's an almost adult.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Lyn. all went good. They basically told us that it could be 1-2 more years before we look at any more surgical options. Nerve recovery is slow and tests show that hers are responding.. Jess left disheartened at the thought of two more years like she is now. My heart hurts for her. But in the bigger picture, they think she will regain so much more with time and a lot of work on her part.. it really was good news but she needs some time to rebuild her outlook.. She will though. I won’t let her quit.
That's a really good sign from the doctors. No more surgery. Everything has worked for real healing to go forward ❤️ She'll be surprised when she realizes that she actually is through the worst of it??

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Poor Jess, 2 years seems like a lifetime when you're young, but I'm sure with your help she'll soon see that that healing will still be happening during that time. They told me my little skin graft will take another year to heal properly and that's nothing to what Jess has gone through. I wish her all the very best for her ongoing physio, she's done so well so far. Keep up the good work, Jess:<3:

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

I must admit.. that death roll scared the
be- Jesus outta me!
I think I have to go change my pants! ????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I can't believe she was feeding an alligator after all the warnings about that. It's more like pride then complacency. Look how cool I am. That behavior gets people hurt and even more so the species. She is lucky and jeopardized another person in the process.

In my mind there is no reason for a human being to be “serving” an ALLIGATOR ? EVER!?
I mean… WHY???
WHY???
WWW—HHH—YYYYYYY!!!!!!!
(Yes I’m yelling)
An alligator is meant to be left in his habitat for safety purposes for both him and the dumb humans who try to “pet/feed” it.
There is NO WAY an alligator makes a good pet. I’m sorry. I love alligators..but I respectfully leave them to their peace.
I have no reason to disturb them or their territory…
If I am saying my peace, I would have liked that girl to have her hand bitten off for the camera. TO PROVE.. that you don’t need to interact with an alligator!!!!
(Still yelling). Sorry ?
I just get pretty p*sssd that they will hurt the alligator for doing his natural reaction for food.
If you kept me waiting for MY food I’d bite more than your hand off!!! ?
What… now are they gonna destroy the alligator for “aggressive behavior”?
Poor alligator…..
IM ON YOUR SIDE MR. ALLIGATOR!!!
NEXT TIME AIM AT HER HEAD!!!!
(and yes,… I am SURE there will be a next time..)
Sorry all for my rant..
Who knew I liked alligators so much?? ??

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
More of the same weather wise here.
Lola is out grabbing some rays when he can.
I'm having a housework day so nothing special to report..
Hope your Wednesday is everything you want it to be!
See you later.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
In my mind there is no reason for a human being to be “serving” an ALLIGATOR ? EVER!?
I mean… WHY???
WHY???
WWW—HHH—YYYYYYY!!!!!!!
(Yes I’m yelling)
An alligator is meant to be left in his habitat for safety purposes for both him and the dumb humans who try to “pet/feed” it.
There is NO WAY an alligator makes a good pet. I’m sorry. I love alligators..but I respectfully leave them to their peace.
I have no reason to disturb them or their territory…
If I am saying my peace, I would have liked that girl to have her hand bitten off for the camera. TO PROVE.. that you don’t need to interact with an alligator!!!!
(Still yelling). Sorry ?
I just get pretty p*sssd that they will hurt the alligator for doing his natural reaction for food.
If you kept me waiting for MY food I’d bite more than your hand off!!! ?
What… now are they gonna destroy the alligator for “aggressive behavior”?
Poor alligator…..
IM ON YOUR SIDE MR. ALLIGATOR!!!
NEXT TIME AIM AT HER HEAD!!!!
(and yes,… I am SURE there will be a next time..)
Sorry all for my rant..
Who knew I liked alligators so much?? ??
Me too and people doing that kind of stuff makes an alligator seem aggressive. And then that's the things you see on the news. Just let them be and stay out of fresh water where they are native.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good afternoon! Covid numbers are on the rise again in our surrounding areas so I will be working from home much more.. I have decided to build Pickles a new yard.. he needs an expansion . He’s really been packing on the pounds so he’s getting an additional 220 square feet.. I’m moving the old 200 square foot yard completely to accommodate the new space. So he will end up with 420 square feet.. I think ?
Luckily, dad had a pallet of treated lumber at his place so the cost for me will be minimal.. now That I’ve gotten the start in mind, I’m excited. I marked the new yard with poles today and laid all the new lumber out. I’m going to build the addition before I disassemble all of the current Yard.. i don’t want to get stuck in mid build and him not be able to sleep in his house.. I’ll have to remove the lid to his night box and move it to the new location before the last wall goes up… AND ITS HEAVY!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon! Covid numbers are on the rise again in our surrounding areas so I will be working from home much more.. I have decided to build Pickles a new yard.. he needs an expansion . He’s really been packing on the pounds so he’s getting an additional 220 square feet.. I’m moving the old 200 square foot yard completely to accommodate the new space. So he will end up with 420 square feet.. I think ?
Luckily, dad had a pallet of treated lumber at his place so the cost for me will be minimal.. now That I’ve gotten the start in mind, I’m excited. I marked the new yard with poles today and laid all the new lumber out. I’m going to build the addition before I disassemble all of the current Yard.. i don’t want to get stuck in mid build and him not be able to sleep in his house.. I’ll have to remove the lid to his night box and move it to the new location before the last wall goes up… AND ITS HEAVY!!
Our covid numbers are crazy too in 86 counties. I'm staying home even being vaccinated and have had it to boot. It sounds like a perfect time to use your commuting time for building a new enclosure. Good luck with it ☺️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!!!!
Watch out for SNAKES this time when taking off the lid!!! ?❤️??

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Our covid numbers are crazy too in 86 counties. I'm staying home even being vaccinated and have had it to boot. It sounds like a perfect time to use your commuting time for building a new enclosure. Good luck with it ☺️
Definitely best to stay in.. I’m lucky that I have plenty to do right here..

it would be nice if I could take the tortoise yard at my own pace but once I start taking apart the old pen, I’ve got to get the new one finished the same day… I’m going to need a full day for that. I worked all day today in the rain… i figured the rain was way better than the heat. I got the expansion part finished.. I’m DOG tired!!! I hope my back still works tomorrow!
PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEEE!!!!
Watch out for SNAKES this time when taking off the lid!!! ?❤️??
lol!!! Funny you say that because I dreamed about that Last night!!! I had taken the kid off and cleaned all the poop.. disconnected necessary cords and all was good.. but then when I went to put the box part on the dolly, out came the big mean one!!!

you can bet I’ll be watching!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all and happy Thursday! Another wet one here today. Looks like my tortoise pen will be on hold for a few days. I need a full day to work and I have things to do everyday.. maybe Monday I can get it finished ?

hope you all have a great one!