COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good afternooning all. I had my proud Mum moment today as I for to release the little wren that we have reared from a pink newly hatched miniscule dinosaur. Unfortunately my attempt to video the releas failed as he was too quick to be off!

He spent this morning beating waxworms senseless and consuming them… he ate at least his own bodyweight in them, so I know he left well fed :D

I also got this little video of him taking a dustbath this morning.
Well done, Linda and good luck little wren!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I almost felt guilty for putting her through the rigamorole just so I could have those pictures but she really enjoyed her cake and presents.. it was hot and she was put out at me For taking the pics instead of just letting her dive into the cake.. here’s the photo of THAT ???View attachment 330725
they all slept like the dead last night and then had a blast digging through all the new things today..
She looks exactly like how I felt after the last party I went to!
I can't blame cake for how I was feeling though that was down to something a wee bit stronger in a glass?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Heads up all southern members Tropical Storm about to happen nothing further but it tracks to Florida now
View attachment 330706
Oh Lordy! How can you Floridians stay there year after year while the storms try to blow you off the planet. Hang on tight Ed...or come and live in the PNW...we just have the fires of hell burning... every where nature seems to really have gone off center...damn

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
View attachment 330695View attachment 330696View attachment 330697View attachment 330698View attachment 330699

In the second picture there's one right in front of Misty. They're just about finished blooming, so hard to see. In the third picture you can see how they send up a flower stem first, after the flowers die the leaves come up. It's a good thing you asked for pictures because in the last picture the turtle was stuck in the old bark and couldn't get out.

Simply gorgeous flowers!!!
Glad I helped save a tortoise!
But what I REALLY wanted to say was
that in your second picture, BOY!!
Your tortoise is VERY LARGE! ??

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Whacky weather all around. It’s been so very hot & dry here In Maryland. Plants & garden had been suffering, then bam, two major thunderstorms two days in a row. We probably got in excess of 5 inches. Heat index today & tomorrow has us in the 110F range. Humidity is 76% or so. Absolutely tropical.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Whacky weather all around. It’s been so very hot & dry here In Maryland. Plants & garden had been suffering, then bam, two major thunderstorms two days in a row. We probably got in excess of 5 inches. Heat index today & tomorrow has us in the 110F range. Humidity is 76% or so. Absolutely tropical.
Yep the humidity in this lumber state is killing me. We are supposed to hit over 106 the next 3 day, and because the temperature here is usually below 85 not many of us have air conditioning in house or car.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Talk about plants suffering! My three mature fig trees have dropped most of their leaves. And it 's not from lack of watering. It just that we have had triple digit weather too many days in a row.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
How absolutely adorable!!!
I hope Cinder knows how much he is loved.

Lol… I like how the poodle is doing her drunken walk of shame.. ?????
I got the camera up and going so... so far the only pictures have been my confused face and my chicken legs ?As usual I had to have help from phone human support. At least the girl had a french accent. I didn't mean to butt into this conversation buttt I touched my phone somewhere and I had no choice ? I especially like the after party pic with all doggies pooped out. It's hilarious.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I got the camera up and going so... so far the only pictures have been my confused face and my chicken legs ?As usual I had to have help from phone human support. At least the girl had a french accent. I didn't mean to butt into this conversation buttt I touched my phone somewhere and I had no choice ? I especially like the after party pic with all doggies pooped out. It's hilarious.

Ooohhhhh COME ON CATHY!!!! ??
Don’t keep us hangin’!
We gotta see the “chicken legs”! ???

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ooohhhhh COME ON CATHY!!!! ??
Don’t keep us hangin’!
We gotta see the “chicken legs”! ???
I instantly deleted them ? but I'll make sure I share one just for you ? I also learned how to share my pictures to my phone today ?? about the time I was setting up the camera the nurse finally called me back from my doctor's office of course. I refused to hang up from my help for the camera. Well... every time I've called them I get an answering machine and I may get a call back or not. So... my camera got set up ? then I called the nurse back and apologized profusely ?and she did call me back.??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I instantly deleted them ? but I'll make sure I share one just for you ? I also learned how to share my pictures to my phone today ?? about the time I was setting up the camera the nurse finally called me back from my doctor's office of course. I refused to hang up from my help for the camera. Well... every time I've called them I get an answering machine and I may get a call back or not. So... my camera got set up ? then I called the nurse back and apologized profusely ?and she did call me back.??

Uuuhh…. ?
I think the NURSE would have come FIRST?
BEFORE a phone camera??

If you’re…. ☠️??
It won’t matter if you have a camera on your phone!
Or if the mean lady will set it up for you..?

I had to make a very VIP phone call yesterday and a lady answered.
She sounded like I JUST WOKE HER UP!!?

Barley wanted to help me AND took her time in answering my questions AS IF I WAS THE DUMB ONE!!! ..
AS IFFF!!!? (- clueless movie) ?

That BRAT of a girl could have cared less if she had a job! Sounded like she took it to shut her parents up! ?

Anyway, there’s my crap day told. ?

Wait till later , till I tell ya what I did to my boss!! ??‍?️??????????
Thank God I am good at my job, otherwise he would have booted me across a highway with bulls,chickens,locust and pit bulls comin’!!! ?

Wait…?…. I have to compose myself before I tell the story…????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Uuuhh…. ?
I think the NURSE would have come FIRST?
BEFORE a phone camera??

If you’re…. ☠️??
It won’t matter if you have a camera on your phone!
Or if the mean lady will set it up for you..?

I had to make a very VIP phone call yesterday and a lady answered.
She sounded like I JUST WOKE HER UP!!?

Barley wanted to help me AND took her time in answering my questions AS IF I WAS THE DUMB ONE!!! ..
AS IFFF!!!? (- clueless movie) ?

That BRAT of a girl could have cared less if she had a job! Sounded like she took it to shut her parents up! ?

Anyway, there’s my crap day told. ?

Wait till later , till I tell ya what I did to my boss!! ??‍?️??????????
Thank God I am good at my job, otherwise he would have booted me across a highway with bulls,chickens,locust and pit bulls comin’!!! ?

Wait…?…. I have to compose myself before I tell the story…????
The nurse came later because I called this past Thursday and never got a call back until I was busy today. I also called today after waiting patiently and I never know if they'll call back or not. I figure they finally called back to keep from getting sued. Am I supposed to quit living when I get an answering machine? The sad part is I don't sue because I just don't.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The nurse came later because I called this past Thursday and never got a call back until I was busy today. I also called today after waiting patiently and I never know if they'll call back or not. I figure they finally called back to keep from getting sued. Am I supposed to quit living when I get an answering machine? The sad part is I don't sue because I just don't.
Ok I'm going to try and post my chicken legs again with my new toy.spypoint.jpg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Sorry to hear all of that ?
That nurse needs a good kick in the neck!
And I’d be MORE than happy to help in THAT matter. ??
Just say the word Cathy….
I’ve a lot of pent up anger from …
…. Well a lot …. (Mostly my dad ?)
But NO ONE wants to see a crazy old lady swinging for the fences.
(Just sayin’.) ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sorry to hear all of that ?
That nurse needs a good kick in the neck!
And I’d be MORE than happy to help in THAT matter. ??
Just say the word Cathy….
I’ve a lot of pent up anger from …
…. Well a lot …. (Mostly my dad ?)
But NO ONE wants to see a crazy old lady swinging for the fences.
(Just sayin’.) ?

Oh yea, and I’ll bring Jan and Maggie too!?