COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
This storm called ETA has given us rain every day for about 6 days so far. When it was moving east to west across the Keys we got the outer banks. Then stalled on Cuba and then headed NE. The whole time we got some wind and rain. Totally messed up Opo with the

Yes thanks, not sure what a pigeon quadriple is????? Goggled it and came up with pigeon quadruple. A beer made by monks.?

A beer made by monks!???
????????

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Morning All,

I am popping in for a little bit. As I find myself having a little bit of time on my hands. ? It seems that there is a lot of posts that I need to catch up on as a lot has happened while I was gone.

The saga continues with our complex, but I have decided not to respond to their emails of yet until everybody has responded, as it is time that all of the homeowners get involved instead of leaving it to the few. There is an ongoing battle between residents which just needs to come to an end now. Lyn I finally can understand your frustrations and pain with your neighbor. It really is a pity that a person cannot just beat some sense into some people. Thank goodness I am not a Judge or lawyer, as I don't think that I could do it without letting emotion come into it. Sigh!!!

On a sad note Milly is no longer with us, but on a happy note she is more than likely having a very good catch up with her brother on the other side of the rainbow. We had her cremated and her ashes are now sitting next to her brothers on a chest in our lounge.

Phoenix is doing really well and is growing fantastically. I could not be more proud of just how well Jarrod looks after Phoenix. Phoenix is Jarrod's pride and joy.

kahli on the other hand is still fighting me on the coming to me issue, but that is okay as I have 20 years to wear her down. I will get there eventually. Until then she loves hunting down her crickets that I put in her enclosure. And is growing so big. I will try and get a nice photo of her tonight to share with you all. I also need to get some pics of the torts to share on their thread as an update. They love being outside and are outside full time. Besides it is summer, so the temps are just right for them. I haven't seen Whitey lay any eggs again the ones that she laid before did not hatch. I must actually dig them up and see what happened.

I have had a mole take up residence in my garden and I am not sure how to get rid of it. I have noticed though that for the last few days I haven't seen it push up any sand, so maybe I am lucky and it is finally moving on. Who knows as long as it is not in my garden then I will be happy with where ever it stays. otherwise stronger measure are going to have to be put in place as the current ones would not have worked.?

While you guys are all getting colder we are getting hotter, which I think is good news as far as covid is concerned, if I remember correctly covid does not like heat, so bring on summer. ;)

Anyway I think that is a long enough post, otherwise you guys will get bored with my rambling on. Until next post, have an awesome day everyone.
I am SO sorry about Milly. My heart hurts for you..
I will be eager to see all of your beautiful critters though:) & it’s wonderful to hear that Jarrod takes his pet seriously..
Don’t get to comfortable with the COVID/ Heat theory... it was hot as blazes here when our numbers were the highest!!! Be safe!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I will be eager to see all of your beautiful critters though:) & it’s wonderful to hear that Jarrod takes his pet seriously..
Don’t get to comfortable with the COVID/ Heat theory... it was hot as blazes here when our numbers were the highest!!! Be safe!

Agree with Ellie May....that heat myth was really a myth.... cases here in the US just continued to climb and climb. More gatherings at beaches and campsites and activities. It spreads - hot or cold. We’re sadly going back into serious lock down mode again.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ordered a 25 lb bag of Mazuri from our local feed store a few days ago. They just called, yeah, it’s here and price is good, $31.00 something for the bag. No delivery fee. So thats all good. We’ll pick it up tomorrow.

Good name for the company - The Feed Store.
My local feed store is The Hay Company.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am such a bad writer and story teller!!!
My stories start out then have gaps then an end where I then say “oh, I forgot to tell you ....” (in the beginning)...
AND NO..... ITS NOT BECAUSE IF COVID!!
I am just dumb....?
So practice on us. I enjoy it.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
according to your circled message I’m reading.....
on my own Avatar and I am noticing it doesn’t say my age!!! ???
How...F ***+^. Lovely is that!!!!!!!!
Is there any way people can find out how old I am????
You Chubbs agrees that I’m old and I always wondered how he knew how old I was I figured my avatar told all my stuff?
It does at first. Then the age doesn't show. I'd rather know . Ok so I'm old and someone else is young. Really, I've met some young people here that I respect their opinions on animal care. It's inspiring to see a young person that involved. The same with the older people. It's just nice to see all the different ages of people that get drawn here for the love of torts ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I miss read in haste. My bad!
Inspiring Monk is a Quadrupel (Quad) style beer made by pigeon hill brewing company. Opps!

well....butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
that is even FUNNIER!!!!!!!

??????????????????????????????
Thanks for the laugh Ray!! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It does at first. Then the age doesn't show. I'd rather know . Ok so I'm old and someone else is young. Really, I've met some young people here that I respect their opinions on animal care. It's inspiring to see a young person that involved. The same with the older people. It's just nice to see all the different ages of people that get drawn here for the love of torts ?

this is true (until someone calls ya old.)
I thoroughly enjoy seeing where people come from. That’s my favorite summer from Africa someone from England some are from morocco some are from California it’s so cool!!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Haha! 2019 Christmas Card folks watch your mail! Mine went out last week so head up! Anyone else want a very special/odd Christmas card just let me know to pass on some well needed holiday spirit
I got your card and it was amazing!! I don’t know when I’ll get to mine ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
OK thanks Carol. Feeling a bit like Goldilocks. I had the first dressing removed on Monday - they thought the wound was looking too wet so went back again today. This time it was too dry, so I have another dressing which should soften all the dried blood etc to make it easier to remove. Maybe next time it will just right.
They said the graft was looking fine in the middle but looks like the skin has died around the edge. Disappointed about that and have to go again on Tuesday to see what will happen next. I may be wearing a mask long after covid has been kicked into touch!
Well Crud Lyn!! Good luck on Tuesday.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I am such a bad writer and story teller!!!
My stories start out then have gaps then an end where I then say “oh, I forgot to tell you ....” (in the beginning)...
AND NO..... ITS NOT BECAUSE IF COVID!!
I am just dumb....?
Nope. Nah ah... I don't believe it for one second that you are dumb. You are just trying to get us to believe that for some reason. Has Adam given you a mission again that we don't know about... I ask as I peer around the corner to see if there are any agents lurking about.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks Heather....well there goes that theory. Well we will just have to sanitize the hell out of it then.? I promise that by the end of this weekend you will have some pics to see. And thank you about Milly, it was time. I really believe she is happier and besides, I will see her and her brother soon enough. How is your Dad and Jessica doing? All going as it should be I hope.