COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good afternoon/evening all. I've not done much today - watched Wimbledon men's final between Federer and Djokovic which went on for just under 5 hours!!!:eek:
Too close to call all the way through but sadly my favourite lost. It was an incredible performance from both players though.
Hope you have all had and are having a good day.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's wonderful that you could make a difference for the animals and most likely in the knowledge of the owners. They listened so I'm halfway sure they'll be members soon.
When I was talking with the guy that was working the tortoise/ turtle area. He had some basic knowledge. Like he knew no fruits. But when I told him they need total darkness when sleeping he didn't know. There were no good hides and the ground was like cement so there were no burrows.
We were talking about uneducated tortoise owners that he meets there. I told him about TFO. He wrote it down. Hopefully he will carry the message to others.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I'd better say Nos Da and go get myself organised for work tomorrow.
My first full week since January!!!
So hope everyone enjoys what's left of Sunday and has a good Monday (if there is such a thing!!)/
Night Night and take care

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I couldn't stand those temps!
Have you seen these personal space coolers and humidifiers?
They just use water (and electricity obviously)

shopping
I love those but even though I eventually learned and used distilled water...they kept breaking. If I could find a way I'd be using one now.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
When I was talking with the guy that was working the tortoise/ turtle area. He had some basic knowledge. Like he knew no fruits. But when I told him they need total darkness when sleeping he didn't know. There were no good hides and the ground was like cement so there were no burrows.
We were talking about uneducated tortoise owners that he meets there. I told him about TFO. He wrote it down. Hopefully he will carry the message to others.
That's like when I somewhat educated a pet smart employee. If that person can stand it long enough...they could possibly make a difference with some good advice for new pet owners...and give them a connection to TFO instead of a leaflet with misinformation.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Cracked ribs sucks. They can't do anything to help you except pain meds. If you take the meds you can rehurt yourself. It still takes months to a year to heal.
Yep just got done with that a few months ago. They are still tender but the surface of my skin on the right side where my ribcage is. It is always numb with very little feeling. But the ribs themselves have feeling. You can pinch my skin on my right side and I can't feel it. But leave my ribs alone.
That all happened in the accident.