COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Something amazing happened to me today! I accidentally found my first baby toad of this year. I hope I didn't scare him have to death. He was already in Saphire's outdoor enclosure and I always find them in the frontyard. Then I move them to the enclosure. It looks like they may have learned about a safe haven over the years. But how could a 2 inch toad know that.View attachment 276409
How awesome is that.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Did a water change at 2:00am last night. Also cleaned the filter and changed the driftwood a little. Need to get black ducktape Because the red I used to move the vines dose not look good to me.
Can you see all the ghost shrimp? I have 8 in there right now lolView attachment 276412View attachment 276413View attachment 276414View attachment 276415View attachment 276416View attachment 276417View attachment 276418
Will have to look later when I can see it properly.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Bee62

Germany
It’s been a while since I’ve been on. Been busy with the move and getting the house and yard in order. Right now we are preparing for TS or Hurricane Barry. He is arriving here in just a few hours. We’ve enjoyed the wind today but nervous about the coming rain. Right now I’m sitting on the back porch listening to the frogs. They are predicting close to 20” of rain d. for our area. We’ve already boxed up the torts and put them in the house. I had a lot of picking up to do around the yard to make sure we don’t have anything dangerously flying around. I hope everyone in his path stays safe.
Hello. Good you are back. Please be safe in the hurricane. Wishing you good luck and thinking of you. A hurricane would scare me to death. In Germany we don`t know these brutal storms.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It’s been a while since I’ve been on. Been busy with the move and getting the house and yard in order. Right now we are preparing for TS or Hurricane Barry. He is arriving here in just a few hours. We’ve enjoyed the wind today but nervous about the coming rain. Right now I’m sitting on the back porch listening to the frogs. They are predicting close to 20” of rain d. for our area. We’ve already boxed up the torts and put them in the house. I had a lot of picking up to do around the yard to make sure we don’t have anything dangerously flying around. I hope everyone in his path stays safe.
I hope you guys are safe as well. Please let us know you are ok once it has passed.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ve collected a couple of tanks over the years, I’ve got one massive one with 4 females and 3 males, sometimes you don’t see a couple of them for a few days as they are hiding in the rocks and plants. I’ve got a smaller one with 1 male 2 females and another one for my female emerald crab who’s doing really well. My large tank is the most successful, lots of space is key for crabs.
Good to know and pics please.