COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
On the rain. The weather folks calculated that our area here - the greater Washington DC area - received more than THREE BILLION GALLONS of rain water in yesterday’s morning storm! Pretty amazing. ( my rain barrel is full )
( my rain barrel is full )[/QUOTE] NO KIDDING!!:eek:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I did my part to prevent flooding!
And a darn good job you did too. How is your hibiscus handling all the water?[/QUOTE]

Hibiscus is enjoying the heat and humidity and rain. Believe it or not, we had a recent stretch of about 2.5 weeks with NO RAIN and the grass and plants started to wilt and brown. I water potted outside plants daily. Then kaboom - floods and almost daily thunderstorms, and all is back green. Plenty of weeds as well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And a darn good job you did too. How is your hibiscus handling all the water?

Hibiscus is enjoying the heat and humidity and rain. Believe it or not, we had a recent stretch of about 2.5 weeks with NO RAIN and the grass and plants started to wilt and brown. I water potted outside plants daily. Then kaboom - floods and almost daily thunderstorms, and all is back green. Plenty of weeds as well.[/QUOTE]
Nice, I actually thought that hibiscus were one of those plants that like water but not too much water and you guys have sure had enough of it. But I love your garden and how green it is.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I want to start growing hibiscus but I’ve got no idea where to start, what type to get and how much space I’d need.
Mark seems to be the expert on growing plants. My one that I had was huge, but it has died quite a bit this year. But I also think that you can keep them a relatively decent size if you prune them down, that is if you don't have the space. And I hear the Rose of Sharon are the favorites. I like the ones with the double petals. They are all beautiful.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Mark seems to be the expert on growing plants. My one that I had was huge, but it has died quite a bit this year. But I also think that you can keep them a relatively decent size if you prune them down, that is if you don't have the space. And I hear the Rose of Sharon are the favorites. I like the ones with the double petals. They are all beautiful.
Are all hibiscus suitable for tort consumption?