COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hmm, bird feeding in summer ?
When we would have more natural gardens / properties there were no need to feed them in summer but because more and more properties look like stone deserts, birds find no food and place to nest. :( It is the same in Germany.:( Grass is cut like on a golf course, no flowers for insects, no hedges or bushes for birds....:( A garden must be "clean" these days. My garden and property is not clean. I have a lot of birds nesting here. I let native plants grow and bloom. Wild bees and bumblebees are finding food. Many different species of insects living in my garden too. Enough food for birds. A bunch of sparrows eating daily my chicken food too. That`s my little contribution to nature, birds and insects.:)

@JoesMum is off “feeding” baby birds at the Animal Rescue where she is now training and volunteering.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That’s super nice! I think I’ve finally talked my hubby into kayaking with me. We had the boat out on caddo lake subsidiary on Friday. The water was very high with a nice current and he actually mentioned that it might be a good time for us to explore in kayaks. . (He doesn’t want to have to paddle much so it would be a down-stream trip only) your pictures are gorgeous!
Awe awwww I think someone has caught the bug.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hey Kathy! Hope your enjoying a lazy Sunday. Is your tortoise yard all finished yet? And how are the fig cuttings doing? I’ve got plenty of fruit now but the squirrels will steal them before they can get ripe. Same with my blackberries...[emoji35]. Son and & planted some late cucumbers on Thursday and they sprouted this morning... this is huge for me!!!
Yayyy on the sprouts. [emoji3]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 276078
I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but I was one proud momma this day. We are very much over populated here and these squirrels were cleaned and cooked...
Daughter did me a huge favor, not to mention proved a steady shot:))
Well done daughter. And as long as they were cooked and eaten then I don't see anything wrong with it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 276099View attachment 276100View attachment 276101
images
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Exactly

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I'm only saying this because I doubt that a person like that is humble enough to stick his neck out enough to join. Not to mention he thinks he knows everything already. I did however ask a petland employee a question once and I'm almost positive she got her answer for me from the TFO. After I joined I found that answer here again. I don't think she was a member either. I wish she would have shared the TFO website with me so that I could have joined sooner.
I'm in favor of offering discounts or other incentives for active TFO accounts/members on purchases of turtles and tortoises. I don't breed or sell any, at least not yet, but if I did... That's my line of thinking right now.