COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
One of these monsters

The kraken is a legendary cephalopod-like sea monster of giant size in Scandinavian folklore. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors.
I always thought it was part of the greek methology.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Very little. We had our picnic lunch under some trees at the edge of the site. Having been there before, we made a beeline for it when we arrived and had a good perching spot on the wall.

In the court we were sat in the west stand, so at least we got shade as the sun started to get lower (about half way through the men’s final)

All the regular tennis fans are easily identified by their broad brim hat, long sleeved lightweight shirt with a collar to turn up and trousers/skirt long enough to keep their knees covered.
[emoji23] [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That "kracken" has the same body shape as a black widow spider, and they BITE!!!

I don't know if my wasps have evolved to be not as lethal or if I've developed an immunity. I received another wasp sting today and it was only mildly burning for about ten minutes then nothing. Now it's a bit itchy. This nest was on the underside of the 2x4 across the bottom of the gate from the backyard. I had opened the gate to allow visitors (two really cute little girls 4 and 6, and their grandparents to go through and I was standing there waiting to close the gate when I heard the tell tale buzzing near my ear. I was so engrossed in waving my hand by my ear that I didn't realize there was one getting me on my other side.

Thursday when I went shopping I bought four cans of wasp killer spray. I was able to treat eight nests, but I missed the one on the gate. After I spray them I knock them down and step on them to squish the larvae.
Wow. You sure don't have any luck with them at all.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
@EllieMay are you okay? I haven't seen you posting for a while.
@Kristoff how is everything going before the big move?
Good morning Carol, I was wondering about Heather too.
I can't remember when Lena's big move across the pond is - must be pretty soon now.
I hope she hasn't packed herself - although that could save money on a flight!!