COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I skipped around a bit, getting caught up in the CDR. In the real world, I've been lying down on the bed, with kitties for company and tiny turtles (their tank is on the dresser) for entertainment.

Although right now Whoosh is blocking the view... :)
Whoosh away!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Quick bowl update..... long story short, although my pix looked good, there were some minor “tool” marks that we didnt like and felt they kind of detracted. Without fixing those marks would show even more in the staining/oiling process. Soooooo, I redid some of the inside of the bowl this morning, and successfully removed those marks. It’s worth giving everything 110% so it looks good in the end.

Once the marks were gone, I resanded a bit more today...only a few more sanding grits to go and it will be time to apply some finish.

Here’s a picture of the original block of wood I started with and where we stand today.

View attachment 265608
Bowl Blank (Mahogany)

View attachment 265609
Where We are Today

It is gorgeous. Love love it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Saturday. I’m hoping our laid up CDR peeps can rest and get well. Lots of crud and coughing and being under the covers/weather and in the weather and under the surgeon’s knife x 2.

Here overcast dark and grey. The rain and yucky stuff that was out West earlier this week is descending upon us today. Calling for a full day of rain followed by strong gusty winds. = no kayaking.

Good opportunity to finish up “The Bowl” .

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! The weather called for thunderstorms here all day but now it looks like we may miss most of them. Yay!! High’s in The 60’s:). My Brother is coming in this morning and my Dad this evening so I’m cooking supper for the “other” men in my life!!! They will stay tonight and both head back to their business in the morning.. I’m really looking forward to it! Hope every one feels well end gets some enjoyment out of the day!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good mornooning, roommates! Haven’t caught up yet but wanted to wish everyone a splendid Saturday! I’m in the middle of daughter’s Russian, and then we’ll head to meet some new Turkish friends. Very multicultural of us. Almost like the CDR itself! [emoji85][emoji56]

I sure hope she learned about “Defender’s Day” today!

F402F74D-DD0F-4DCC-B9E5-84723C02CA8B.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Good morning! The weather called for thunderstorms here all day but now it looks like we may miss most of them. Yay!! High’s in The 60’s:). My Brother is coming in this morning and my Dad this evening so I’m cooking supper for the “other” men in my life!!! They will stay tonight and both head back to their business in the morning.. I’m really looking forward to it! Hope every one feels well end gets some enjoyment out of the day!

Whats for Supper? We all might show up. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think so too. Stable people buy homes in Vegas for a good job. Lots of people wear cowboy hats too...I would.
My nephew is still working on ships as an engineer, so his job takes him all over the world to join his ship. He is hoping to eventually get a job with a company that would only be an internal flight away. His fiance is an events organiser in Vegas and seems to be doing pretty well.
I've not seen either of them in cowboy hats yet - but give it time!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good mornooning, roommates! Haven’t caught up yet but wanted to wish everyone a splendid Saturday! I’m in the middle of daughter’s Russian, and then we’ll head to meet some new Turkish friends. Very multicultural of us. Almost like the CDR itself! [emoji85][emoji56]
Have a lovely international Saturday!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
My nephew is still working on ships as an engineer, so his job takes him all over the world to join his ship. He is hoping to eventually get a job with a company that would only be an internal flight away. His fiance is an events organiser in Vegas and seems to be doing pretty well.
I've not seen either of them in cowboy hats yet - but give it time!!

You will have to ask your nephew about this little “meeting” between two cruise ships.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-two-cruise-ships-screech-grind-together.html

Ut ogh!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have visitors today too, and a big family lunch tomorrow to celebrate a couple of birthdays.
Hope you have a lovely time with your Dad and Bro, Heather