COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I guess your right. I'm trying to leave him alone as much as possible but it's difficult when I love him so much and know he's stressed.
Poor wee beastie - I have lots of wood and my fiancé was going to build a new indoor enclosure that was much bigger than his current one. I'm going to tell him to wait until after hibernation because there's enough stress atm for him I think :(
I wouldn't hibernate him either this year, personally, but it's easy for me to say in hot Morocco.
Often new environments stress tortoises and some of the members here advise to over winter them after a move.

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Scotland
I wouldn't hibernate him either this year, personally, but it's easy for me to say in hot Morocco.
Often new environments stress tortoises and some of the members here advise to over winter them after a move.
Really? Even though the preparations won't start for another 3 months?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I feel really bad for beastie as well :( I can tell he's really unsettled and doesn't know what's been going on. I have made progress today though. He pooed for the first time in 3 days and managed to get him to drink whilst bathing him today. My fiancé went to the shop and bought kale - we only ever feed him leftovers once every couple of months as a treat but he loves it and we were just wanting him to eat something!! But he scoffed some down - not as much as normal though :(
I don't think it helps that we are tying to decorate at the same time, despite him being in a different room he can still probably hear banging and stuff which won't help him settle
Poor Beastie! Probably the different smells as well. I am amazed at how sensitive their sense of smell is but I believe they rely on that more than sight of what I read was correct. I hope he gets used to his new home soon.