COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
View attachment 245278
Sun setting over lake Greeson in Kirby Arkansas
The only red in our sky since last week has been from the flames sweeping across two local hills.:(
Apparently two 14 year old girls have been arrested for starting at least one if not both fires.
I cannot post what I think of them:mad:
I think the fire fighting teams are gaining control but still smouldering going on so it could flare up again.
The local community has been donating supplies to keep the firemen/women going, they have been incredible in difficult and dangerous circumstances.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Our end date was the 24th but we have done twilight sessions through the year to earn 2 days so that we could finish on Friday rather than next Tuesday.
My nephew's school in Lincs finished last Friday.
The schools start tomorrow over here and my eldest goes back on the 23rd.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That doesen`t sound good what you describe. Mixed species and small overcrowded enclosures is not the right way to keep tortoises. I would not give Lola in that care too. With so many tortoises that they have in the sanctury he can not have the care he needs.
How many sullies and leopards where there ? Is it allowed to take pics ?
Hi Bee. At least 5 sullies in together ranging from big to enormous!
There were 10 leopards of different sizes in with 2 others that I think were Hermanns or Greeks in an area not much bigger than my living room.
They breed tortoises as well which I don't understand when they have so many others to rehome (apart from the financial benefit and they say to stop imports).

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And just for fun and because I can. :)
View attachment 245285

These two are very beautiful. (all these are taken from pinterest)
View attachment 245286
View attachment 245287

I have never seen one this colour. Would love to though.
View attachment 245288

Some unusual specimens:
Maybe this is what the Woolspider looks like (if she exists)
View attachment 245289

Very cute
View attachment 245290
View attachment 245291

I don't think anyone here would have one of these:
View attachment 245292

This little Octopus is too cute:
View attachment 245293

And because I live close to the sea and one of the reasons I don't go into it:
View attachment 245294

And until later I will leave you with this cute little guy. Looks like a water alien in my opinion:

View attachment 245295
:)
That last one is an axolotl, a colleague keeps one named Jeff in his classroom.
They are funny looking things but have lovely faces - well I think so.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It is a friendship without international boundaries and with a shared humour (or humor if you Americans insist ;) )

We do try to have support each other as well as have giggle. Where else could you chat with a German with a sheep and cats as well as torts, a Russian who lived in Turkey moved to Denmark and is currently in Canada, a Welsh woman who uses her oven as a wine rack, a kayaking Marylander who possibly lives in his Kayak ;), a British paleontologist living in Morocco, an afternoon-tea loving Louisianan with a travel bucket list that will take light years to complete, a brai loving South African, a couple of shelled friends whose names suggests the opposite to their actual gender and many more.

We do like to share postcards. What you regard as everyday is novel to those of us not in your locality :)
When you put it like that we are an odd quirky bunch - probably why we all get on so well!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The only red in our sky since last week has been from the flames sweeping across two local hills.:(
Apparently two 14 year old girls have been arrested for starting at least one if not both fires.
I cannot post what I think of them:mad:
I think the fire fighting teams are gaining control but still smouldering going on so it could flare up again.
The local community has been donating supplies to keep the firemen/women going, they have been incredible in difficult and dangerous circumstances.
Oh no. That is terrible. A very stupid thing to do and i hope no-one gets hurts. Otherwise those girls will be regretting that stupid move for the rest of their lives.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Is it bin day today for you guys? As I noticed the bins are out. You guys have such nice buildings. Looks nice and peaceful as well.
Many terraced houses here don't have rear entrances, so since they introduced such large bins for recycling and general waste and only collect some once a fortnight, many have to leave their bins on their doorsteps.
Or maybe people are too lazy to take their bins off the pavements even if they could.
Some areas look awful and a French student I once knew used to call Newport 'Bin City'.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
OMG!! That’s not even my daughter I posted!! Duh!
View attachment 245313
LOL
They do look alike - sort of - except your daughter is taller.
I think you've had a long, tiring weekend watching all that football Kathy,!:D
I recommend a long, hot bath and a large glass of wine!

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh no. That is terrible. A very stupid thing to do and i hope no-one gets hurts. Otherwise those girls will be regretting that stupid move for the rest of their lives.
I hope they do live to regret it. When they think of all the wildlife they have killed and the danger they have put people in, they will have a lot on their consciences.