COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Han't no learnen to it. It's just sumthun ya born with out here. It like this. Ya younguns come home from playing up yonder in da tater patch and ask watchya got ta eat? And you tell e'm "y'all ain't getten nuttun till ya wash y'all's filthy hands. Han't no tellen watch y'all got on e'm. Holler at ya pal when ya get done an tell him ta come on."
Reads like some "bad" dialects we had in Germany too. When you have learned German and someone with such a dialect speaks to you, you think you are on the wrong planet !!!!:eek::D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
May be they come from somewhere else. I will wait and see if they are increasing or they just came from somewhere else in the house. They are may be only 2 or 3.
They will increase. Get the fly sticky tape. It will catch them. Or at least keep the population down. Although they are supposed to be good for your enclosure as they help keep it clean. But the trick is to keep them in check and not to let them get too much.

DE42

Reads like some "bad" dialects we had in Germany too. When you have learned German and someone with such a dialect speaks to you, you think you are on the wrong planet !!!!:eek::D
I'd say that exists in a lot of languages. It's is starting to fade here some but a lot of it is still used. Especially by the older generation. I have a few words that I use frequently of the old slang and a few words that I pronounce differently because of the background but for the most part it's dieing out in the millennial generation. Most likely because of the internet.

Bee62

Germany

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise sure alotta folks here tonight

widjadidja: you didn’t bring your truck widjadidja??

Initiate: she ate 3 cheeseburgers, 2 pickles initiate 2 orders of fries

European: could you turn the other way? European on my boots!

[emoji41] there’s actually a whole dictionary by Jeff Foxworthy, he’s a comedian lol
Lol.