COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
PHOTO 13
Roman Cath.jpg
In the background you can see Bath Abbey, the cathedral, founded in the 7th century but added to in the 10th and added to and partially rebuilt in the 12th and 16th centuries.
A mere youngster compared to the Roman Baths.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
But it was not the end.
Everyone was going back to our place for a party and several crates of Champagne and Chablis.
But one of the cars had a problem, so wifey and I packed the guests off and went to get a taxi, still dressed in our gear.
They asked stupid prices for the journey back to Weston-super-Mare and I refused to pay it.
Went to get the train instead, which was nice as we often caught the train to Bath when we went to the Theatre Royal there (Royal Box, of course).
At the platform a man and his lady who looked rather rough approached us. They were very drunk. But they congratulated us and said they were going to be married soon. I took several swigs from the proffered, brown bag wrapped whisky bottle, not a single malt, that's for sure.
We travelled back on the train attracting many stares, questions and congratulations and arrived at our house very late to find everyone else pretty well sozzled but having a good time.
Best day of my life.:)