coconut humus getting on the food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
As anyone got any tips on how to stop Shelby trailing the Humus onto her food. I just changed over to this to help with humidity half of the table is humus the inclosed area is aspen, I like her food to be near the heat spot and not in the inclosed area but she is geting stuff stuck to her food and i am worried she will get impact! If i can not solve this then i am going to have to more the food to the dry area.

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
Hi! I only have a Sulcata-- but when the same problem happened to me, I increased the size of the feeding dish[ I just used a glass plate when Morty was little] and I placed it in the Direct center of the enclosure because Mortimer seemed to like the "Perimeter" of the enclosure for "speed walking". After he did a few laps, he would make his way back to the plate for a snack. Maybe you could try putting some of those large stones around the feeding spot and that might get some of the substrate off of him before getting onto the food. JMT

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Annieski said:
Hi! I only have a Sulcata-- but when the same problem happened to me, I increased the size of the feeding dish[ I just used a glass plate when Morty was little] and I placed it in the Direct center of the enclosure because Mortimer seemed to like the "Perimeter" of the enclosure for "speed walking". After he did a few laps, he would make his way back to the plate for a snack. Maybe you could try putting some of those large stones around the feeding spot and that might get some of the substrate off of him before getting onto the food. JMT

ok thanks i will try that

Status
Not open for further replies.