Coco Coir

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilDox

5 Year Member
Hey people,
Today i have soaked my coco coir in a bucket for just over 30mins, i have then put it straight in the vavirum, it still feels damp and im just wondering if i have done right??? :)

sportychick

5 Year Member
That's what I did with mine. It says moist is good as long as when u take a hand full and squeeze it its not dripping water.. so I think its OK.
hopefully someone else comes along to help or even just give an agree lol :D

LilDox

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
That's what I did with mine. It says moist is good as long as when u take a hand full and squeeze it its not dripping water.. so I think its OK.
hopefully someone else comes along to help or even just give an agree lol :D

:( O dear... ive just been to check it and it is actually dripping! My tort isnt actually in there yet, so what can i do? This is all so new to me!

sportychick

5 Year Member
Try straining it?? Or if its hot and sunny maybe u can.take.the amount you need and let it sit and dry a bit?

LilDox

5 Year Member
its hard as i live in the UK its not so warm outside!

sportychick

5 Year Member
So I'd just try to strain it. squeezing it til its not dripping and then add it.

LilDox

5 Year Member
what about trying to dry it out a bit with something like a hair dryer or is this silly?

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Id just leave it in their like that. it will dry out on its own in a few days just dont spray it down, mix it up every day until its the right dampness. once you get the dampness you need, keep it like that with a spray bottle or by pouring water over the substrate and mix it up.

LilDox

5 Year Member
SulcataSquirt said:
Id just leave it in their like that. it will dry out on its own in a few days just dont spray it down, mix it up every day until its the right dampness. once you get the dampness you need, keep it like that with a spray bottle or by pouring water over the substrate and mix it up.

:shy: Thank you for your reply i have actually dried it out some with a hairdryer which seems to be working, so it should be damp in their but not wet? do you use coco coir for yours? do you have leopards?

sportychick

5 Year Member
It should be damp.. I have Russian tort and I use the coco coir. Pics are up lol

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
no I have a sulcata, but I do use coco coir, my tort loves the coir and since hes always diggin around in it so I keep mine sprayed down pretty good other wise it gets dry and dusty. When you first make the coir its always gonna be pretty wet unless your perfect with the amount of water you use. Once that coir is under the lights for a few day it will be dry up alot.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Perfect thats what you are suppose to do, as long as your temps are right!

Status
Not open for further replies.