Closed chamber questions

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Hey everybody - I posted yesterday about my new sully baby . I was informed tht the screen top for the tank isn't the best top being that it lets out a lot of humidity and heat . I covered the top in Tin foil (as suggested by someone in the forum) for right now until I can figure out a better solution . Does anyone have any ideas about being able to make it a closed chamber ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated , thanks !

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Go buy one of those automobile silver sun screens, trace your lights in it and cut out the holes.

Worked for me!! ImageUploadedByTortForum1383747779.822372.jpg

The aluminum foil didn't work at all. I used duct tape tabs to keep the silver shade down and "sealed" ImageUploadedByTortForum1383747848.844668.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Thanks sandy !! What watt is your heat lamp if you don't mind me asking ? Mines 75 but I don't think it's enough . Plus the 25w UVB bulb

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
anthonyludo8 said:
Thanks sandy !! What watt is your heat lamp if you don't mind me asking ? Mines 75 but I don't think it's enough . Plus the 25w UVB bulb

Is the 25w UVB bulb a coil bulb? If so, please get rid of it. They have and still do cause eye problems on many reptiles of all kinds and including tortoises.

anthonyludo8

5 Year Member
Thank you sandy ! And I like the sealed screen top too that seems like it works well . And thank you Tom ! That looks like a good idea ill definitely have to choose from one of the 3 ! And yes it is a coil bulb I was just informed yesterday that it could be harmful to the tortoise's eyes . I need to purchase a long tube UVB from what I was told