Clogged nostrils

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
One of my baby sulcatas nostrils are practically closed up. He had a uri when I got him and I really don't think that's what this is. I switched from coco coir to cypress because of a bug problem so the humidity isnt as high but im going to set up their fogger. Should I just continue soaking and hope that fixes it? Any other suggestions?

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Any suggestions? There's kinda like a dried up crust that's clogging them. I really don't think it's a uri but I need to get this fixed before I go upnorth tomorrow. I've been soaking and trying to use a wet q-tip

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Casselberry
Any pics? And I would keep soaking and just trying to gently wipe it away...my tort is used to me wiping food off his face lol I think he enjoys me cleaning it off..I'm sure its something that'll come out

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
You can actually take a small syringe (no needle) and gently irrigate with a sterile saline solution (from pharmacy). I suppose you could also use a new bulb syringe (like they use for babies noses).
Direct it up to the roof of the mouth, but it does not go into their lungs. (Yvonne G is one of our moderators)

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-48032.html

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can also try to pick off the offending crust. The small end of a tooth pick is good for this job. But be careful to not hurt the tortoise.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
I couldn't get a good picture of it, but I'm going to try the toothpick and then try the saline. Thanks for all the help. I thought I got them opened up last night but this morning it was back :( ill keep working on it! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.