Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

esiotrot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Hi

New to the tortoise world, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have 2 spur thighed tortoises & keep them in a tortoise table & currently a house & run outside while I make a proper enclosure for them. (close to completion) I make sure they go out in the day & fetch them in at tea time. They're usually asleep by 6 for the night.

Anyway, my question is, when then come in they walk round & round the table making a track it's so frequent. Is this normal? Or even ok?

Lou :)

esiotrot

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
But you said spur thighed tortoise's

The spur-thighed tortoise (Testudo graeca) or Greek tortoise is one of five species of Mediterranean tortoise (genus Testudo, family Testudinidae)

I found this on wikipedia :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
esiotrot said:
The spur-thighed tortoise (Testudo graeca) or Greek tortoise is one of five species of Mediterranean tortoise (genus Testudo, family Testudinidae)

I found this on wikipedia :)

Well ok! :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Entirely normal... It's checking out the enclosure.

They do it outside too. I've got runways by all my fences outside!

On the question of species... To avoid confusion on here... African Spurred torts are usually called Sulcatas.

Testudo spur thighs are usually referred to as Greek, Ibera, TGG, etc as appropriate. :)

esiotrot

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
Entirely normal... It's checking out the enclosure.

They do it outside too. I've got runways by all my fences outside!

On the question of species... To avoid confusion on here... African Spurred torts are usually called Sulcatas.

Testudo spur thighs are usually referred to as Greek, Ibera, TGG, etc as appropriate. :)

Hi

Thanks for this. I was worrying it was cabin fever or something they were unhappy with. So it's a relief. We have tracks in the tortoise run, for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.