Chula Vista city council to BAN reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
Tom, I know.. and thank you for that.

(will not read or respond to your post, im not arguing with you when you continue to view everything from one side.)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Tom said:
Enough said. Duckie, I'm not mad at you. Never was. Like "Student", my issue was with your claim that it was good "they" were doing this with snakes. I just can't sit back and listen when anyone claims that it is good for government to interfere even more on the daily lives of responsible Americans.

All is well. Glad we are all on the same side.

Ditto what Tom said. I'm not really mad either. I'm on the side of ALL reptiles, and the freedoms for anyone to keep any of them. No exclusions, no playing favorites, etc.

Your initial post suggested that you felt otherwise, which is why Tom and I took offense. Perhaps it was just a miscommunication. I dunno...I'm like you, I want us all to be on the same side, too. It's comments like the one you made in that one post that makes me feel like we're not.

IRTehDuckie said:
(will not read or respond to your post, im not arguing with you when you continue to view everything from one side.)

This doesn't have much to do with the topic at hand, but just thought I'd offer an additional $.02...That little comment right there doesn't speak well for your conflict-resolution skills. I don't necessarily agree with everything you've said, but I respect you enough to read your posts. Like I said before, I am not mad or necessarily upset; just a little confused how a person can say that she is on my side (freedom of snake-owners?) but also claim that it's good that there is a ban for owning certain snakes. I've always been taught to ask questions and try to understand everyone's point of view besides my own, so I've been trying to understand yours. You send mixed messages, so can you blame me for being a little frustrated?

Your last little comment gives me the impression that you are unwilling to listen to anything else I say. I can only assume this is because you have already made up your mind about me, and you think I have a narrow-minded view of the topic. As I have already explained, the latter is certainly not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.