Chuck's new pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
With temperatures pushing 100 degrees here in Southern California I thought Chuck could use a good soaking. I got out the old kiddie pool we used for an outdoor enclosure a couple of years ago. After cleaning off the dust I picked a shady spot in the yard (near the peach trees, one of Chuck's favorite spots) and added a little water. I had to coax Chuck out of the bushes where he had been cooling himself since mid-morning.
He played in the water for 45 minutes.

Had a couple of long drinks

After I took him out he immediately rammed it.

I might need to have him checked for the "Bob Gene"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's cute. You might want to cut one side down a little where he could walk in himself. If its on a slight slant, the water will go to the end that isn't cut out. He may have rammed it cause he wanted back in, or he never wants to see it again:D

clucey

5 Year Member
That is classic. I got hussed at for walkin past the food dish.....gees these guys I tellya

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TortForum mobile app

cally

5 Year Member
That is so awesome !! How old is he??

Cally- Russian Tort <3

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
He likes to swim. You got to make him a door.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is a beautiful sulcata!

(I'll bet Chuck has been sneaking peaks at Bob threads while you're not looking)

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
So handsome. Those leg spines are incredible!
So funny the personalities of these guys. Love the ramming pic

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Yvonne G said:
This is a beautiful sulcata!

(I'll bet Chuck has been sneaking peaks at Bob threads while you're not looking)

Thanks Yvonne.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I wish mine enjoyed the clean kiddie pool water....he would much rather have a mud bath :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh boy. You've got your hands full with this one...

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Tom said:
Yes I do. Thank you very much. He has suddenly taken to ramming anything that is strange to him, in his way, or just not where he thinks it should be. He has attacked a cooler on the patio for cleaning, trash cans that were not in their usual spot, a shop vac that went rolling down the drive way as a result of a Chuck attack. It must be a 3 year old thing. Last summer it was "flashing" (sometimes several times a day) and this summer it is ramming. Boys!!!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Dizisdalife said:
Tom said:
Yes I do. Thank you very much. He has suddenly taken to ramming anything that is strange to him, in his way, or just not where he thinks it should be. He has attacked a cooler on the patio for cleaning, trash cans that were not in their usual spot, a shop vac that went rolling down the drive way as a result of a Chuck attack. It must be a 3 year old thing. Last summer it was "flashing" (sometimes several times a day) and this summer it is ramming. Boys!!!

This Made me laugh out loud and people were staring at me funny.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Re: RE: Chuck's new pool

Dizisdalife said:
Tom said:

Thia sounds rather like Joe's testosterone fuelled attacks on the lawn mower, the wheelie bin, the base of the basketball net, the drain cover, buckets (especially the one belonging to the window cleaner), ... But Joe only weighs 7lb!

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Chuck is very handsome! My guy- Willie needs a pool too. He has out grown the birdbath. I need to find something my permanent though!

Status
Not open for further replies.