Chip clip as a feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I have found the use of a chip clip to hold my tort's food to be one of the best things ever.
I line up all the leaves (spring mix, harvested weeds...anything) clip it then bury it in the dirt and Levi has a mini bush to graze from. He loves to eat this way and it keeps his leaves clean while causing him to really engage in his "grazing".
Enjoy the pictures of our feeder and feel free to try the same ;)

444 064.JPG
444 063.JPG
444 066.JPG
444 069.JPG

This picture in the 10gal tank his his "to-go" or travel home. Sometimes he goes with us and taking a 10gal is way easier for an over nighter at the in-laws than a 40gal.
444 049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
They look like a bush food to him :D

I still prefer putting the food on piece of flat rock though, can give the chance for the tort to trim its beak naturally.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love your idea Heather. Good for many reasons.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That's a great idea for a piece of a cactus pad for smaller torts. Sometimes the gooey thing slides all over the place. In the wild, it would be attached to a plant!
I am going to try the clip for the pad.

thanks for sharing.

kungfu blonde

5 Year Member
GREAT idea!!!!
:D

Team Gomberg said:
I have found the use of a chip clip to hold my tort's food to be one of the best things ever.
I line up all the leaves (spring mix, harvested weeds...anything) clip it then bury it in the dirt and Levi has a mini bush to graze from. He loves to eat this way and it keeps his leaves clean while causing him to really engage in his "grazing".
Enjoy the pictures of our feeder and feel free to try the same ;)

This picture in the 10gal tank his his "to-go" or travel home. Sometimes he goes with us and taking a 10gal is way easier for an over nighter at the in-laws than a 40gal.

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
Where's my 'Like' button? ;)

I'm *so* stealing this!

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
The chip clip is a great idea. My two like to sit, lay, stand on the food and so it is kinda frustrating to watch them juggle around to eat as they are kind of in their on way.

Status
Not open for further replies.