Russians at a Reptile Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
I might be going to the NARBC in Chicago this fall to get a couple Russian Tortoises. Does anyone know how much one would cost at the show? Is it cheaper than in Retail Stores? There's one store by me that wants 180 dollars for an adult Russian, but I was hoping to get one or two cheaper at the show. Anyone here buy at Reptile shows?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Yes you should be able to get some for cheaper than 180 dollars. I would check to see what vendors are going to be there and that will give you more of an idea how many people are bringing torts.

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
If it helps, I know Petco and Petsmart almost always have Russians for sale and they're around 100.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
They should be way cheaper than 180, plus there is always room to haggle. Are you looking for WC or CB?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I go to narbc shows all the time. Typically they will be WC a male will be around 40-50 and females around 85+ captive babies are gonne be 100-150 if you can find them. Just depends on what vendors are there. Loys of the vendors are narbc are just snake breeders. But you should hopefully find some. And way cheaper then 180.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
I have been to the NARBC in Chicago a few times and have never seen an adult Russian. There are usually a couple of vendors that have babies, but can't remember what they were getting for them. It was alot less than $180 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.