CHICAGO CL POORLY DRY SULCATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I'd give $25 for him. Wish they showed his shell just a little better, so I would know if I am seeing the front of that shell how I think I am or if it's just bad lighting. Looks like he could use some TLC.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would pick him up for 25, such a little cage.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't have him, hope some one knowledgeable will get him. I email him some changes he could make in the mean time. Hopefully he will do them. His shell does look to me to slope in the back, not in a good way though.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Jeez...not much bigger of a cage than my 2.5' inch Musk is in..

And that's saying something.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Man that really sucks!!! Hopefully someone on the forum picks him up and gives him his forever home. But did anyone notice in the ad when it was described as an NHL football lol?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am in contact with this person. He was really appreciative of the help I offered until he can find him a new home. He feels really bad about the conditions and like so many that got their torts a few years ago, got the same bad info. I am working on helping this guy find a new home. Hopefully I can come through for the poor little guy. I would take him myself if I had the room or wanted a sulcata, neither pertains to me. However, I will do what I can to help him out. BTW, this was his daughters tortoise. She moved out and left him behind. Probably a good thing. The father seems much more concerned for his well being, now that he knows how badly he has been unknowingly taken care of.
The football comment was just in reference to the size.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Sounds like the guy will try to find the best possible home out there. But he stated NHL football but NHL stands for national hockey league. He wanted to say NFL the national football league lol.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Sounds like the guy will try to find the best possible home out there. But he stated NHL football but NHL stands for national hockey league. He wanted to say NFL the national football league lol.

HAHAHA, I didn't catch that. Actually, I am not sure now if I am talking/emailing really a guy or gal. The name is Brandy. He, might be a she, and that's why she got it wrong LOL although, I am female, should know better, Because Hockey is my all time favorite sport. Used to have season tickets, many moons ago, and I still didn't catch it. Getting old and slow and blind i guess, damn LOL :D

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
wellington said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:

HAHAHA, I didn't catch that. Actually, I am not sure now if I am talking/emailing really a guy or gal. The name is Brandy. He, might be a she, and that's why she got it wrong LOL although, I am female, should know better, Because Hockey is my all time favorite sport. Used to have season tickets, many moons ago, and I still didn't catch it. Getting old and slow and blind i guess, damn LOL :D

Wow you should be ashamed of yourself you hockey diehard. ;). But on a serious note shouldnt that lady be fixing some sort of dinner other than finding a home for her tortoise. :D

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Very nice to hear that the guy is trying his hardest and has good intentions.

All too often a kid will go off to school or move and leave behind their pet.

Unfortunately, I've actually heard stories of pet store's telling people to house them in similar conditions, so misinformation, unfortunately, is very common. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.