Chia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranapipiens89

5 Year Member
I just went to whole foods and bought a bumload of chia seeds (fresh, organic, raw)... I'm on a healthfood kick and add it to pretty much everything.... I am wondering if I can grow some and give to filbert (a yearling russian) or does it have too much protein or whatever? Is there any other kinds of "health seeds" like hemp, flax, alfalfa etc... the stuff you get at a health food store for people that would be good for him? I am looking to expand my seed usage for myself, but I feel inclined to share with my little guy.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Chia sprouts are great as part of a varied diet. No for help, flax, and alfalfa as far as I know. Wheatgrass is another good thing to grow as part of a varied diet for your tort too. You can however buy a large variety seed mix for russians online which will give more variety and likely would cost less.

ranapipiens89

5 Year Member
tortoisenerd said:
Chia sprouts are great as part of a varied diet. No for help, flax, and alfalfa as far as I know. Wheatgrass is another good thing to grow as part of a varied diet for your tort too. You can however buy a large variety seed mix for russians online which will give more variety and likely would cost less.

Yea, I know it would cost less, and actually i intend to get him some mix of his own, I was just wondering what things that I would get for MYSELF that I could give to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.